Salmon, North Fork?

R

Rackcrawler

I usually hunt the area around North Fork, Shoup every 2 years. 2009 is that year
How was the winter kill last year? How does it look this year? 2007 the wolves were around Gibbonsville. Another words are there any deer left?

Tom
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

So far the deer seem to have had a good winter. The wolves are still around, but there are deer. The had a nice summer and fall in that area and continue to hand higher than normal into the winter.

We hunt up Spring Creek every year for the last 15 years. Last year the deer were there, but they were very high and way back in there. I shot a 150" buck on the backside of the Divide Trail and packed it out with a pack of wolves howling all around me. Further you go towards the wilderness, the worse it gets. Owl Creek, Sheepeater, Long Tom have been really hit hard, not much left as far as elk go. Last year we had to hike in over Dutchlor Mountian and go way deep up sqauw creek just to find any elk. Nasty county, but we did run into them and took a 330 6 point and a 310 5 point.

If they open up wolf hunts this year, that is the place to go!!

It's discouraging. The last time I was out in that country was 7 years ago on the late bowhunt. I shot a cow elk and wolves were running all around me in about an hour. With the pick your region in Idaho, I decided to go to other regions in the state. Now I'm starting to get run out of those regions due to wolves.
Units 28 and 21 were great units and I'm sure that a person can still find game, but it's nothning like it use to be, not even close!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom