Salmon Season

newguy

Not looking good for salmon fishermen, bummer but I am sure it’s the right decision, as long as it doesn’t end up closed forever of course.

Mark

That would have a huge impact on a lot of people. That's also going to put more pressure on the halibut, both Pacific and California halibut and rock fish.

Yes rock fish will get hammered just like last time.
Really something needs to be done about the large commercial netting operations. The amount of fish being killed as By-Catch needs to be addressed.

I'm not sure why F&G might close it as the past years they have sold the eggs from the salmon on the Sacramento to the state of Washington.
Why haven't we heard more about that!
If they did not sell them, maybe the population would be up

I'm not sure why F&G might close it as the past years they have sold the eggs from the salmon on the Sacramento to the state of Washington.
Why haven't we heard more about that!
If they did not sell them, maybe the population would be up
Interesting, I haven’t heard that. Any idea how long it’s been going on?

Mark

Interesting, I haven’t heard that. Any idea how long it’s been going on?

Mark
I am not sure how long it has been going on, but I do know some of the guides on the Sac river brought it up to F&W and I honestly can't remember the response and or recourse

It has been closed before. However, I heard China nets just outside in international waters? I think that was issue with salmon in AK a few years ago.

We have messed the salmon fisheries up to the point there is never any good news.

I don’t know if a total shutdown for 10 years would do a thing at this point. Very sad the destruction we have caused.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom