Salt lake county rifle hunting regulations

Lukegarrett2002

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knows what exactly are the rules for rifle hunting in salt lake county in Utah, it says everywhere south of I 80 and everything east of I 15 is no rifle hunting which kinda confuses me, what I’m asking is can you rifle hunt north of I 80 above the mountain dell reservoirs and can you rifle hunt in the mountains around herriman

Well... north of I 80 isn’t south of I 80, so I would say you are good?? Not on camp Williams, yes up butterfield.

Thanks for letting me know, the east of I 15 thing kinda confuses me, I guess I worry too much, it would be nice if they were more clear about this

You can hunt any where you want south of I80 and east of I15 with a rifle on any legal tag you might have. There is no restriction of any kind. There was a law prior to 2011 I believe the contradicted the state law on this that was removed. Now the county law is back to state law. 600' from any structure and not across a road.

With that said the only hunts that allow rifle hunting in SL county south of I80 are LE any weapon moose and antlerless elk hunts. Maybe a goat tag or two as well :)

Cheers, Pete

What c3 wrote maybe confusing. South of I-80 you CAN NOT hunt deer and elk with a rifle. But you can hunt any of the ONCE IN A LIFETIME tags with a rifle. NO on DEER AND ELK. Deer and elk in those areas are archery only.

What c3 wrote maybe confusing. South of I-80 you CAN NOT hunt deer and elk with a rifle. But you can hunt any of the ONCE IN A LIFETIME tags with a rifle. NO on DEER AND ELK. Deer and elk in those areas are archery only.
Yeah I know you can’t hunt basically the Whole tri canyon area with a with a rifle exept the once in a lifetime species, I was just wondering if was legal to rifle hunt north of i80 (north side of Parley’s) and around herriman, I have never heard of anyone doing it, maybe everyone is just too scared and think they might screw up or something

(5) In Salt Lake County, a person may:

(a) only use archery equipment to take buck deer and bull elk south of I-80 and east of I-15;

(b) only use archery equipment to take big game in Emigration Township; and

(c) not hunt big game within one-half mile of Silver Lake in Big Cottonwood Canyon.

(6) Hunting is closed within a designated portion of the town of Alta. Hunters may refer to the town of Alta for boundaries and other information.

Yeah I know you can’t hunt basically the Whole tri canyon area with a with a rifle exept the once in a lifetime species, I was just wondering if was legal to rifle hunt north of i80 (north side of Parley’s) and around herriman, I have never heard of anyone doing it, maybe everyone is just too scared and think they might screw up or something
Not sure where you would hunt around herriman that isn't private land. Butterfield is almost all totally private. Yellowfork and Water canyon is asking for trouble. Can not hunt the park, and the private property owners watch those areas like a hawk. Good luck

Theres some blm in the yellow fork canyon and there is some land that’s owned by herriman city south of herriman bordering camp Williams that can have big bucks on it

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom