Salvation Army wants you to apologize for being white, and inherently racist

This is a pretty dumb idea that they should do their best to hide. Now the poor volunteers who have to stand in the cold ringing the bell will have to endure the wrath of the culture warriors.

Try to remember they are volunteers who are just trying to help. Stick a note criticizing the leadership in the kettle with your $20.

This pc woke bs is exhausting. Who has time to be mad this much?

"It’s part of a push by the Christian charitable organization to embrace the ideas of Black Lives Matter, an activist group working to, among other things, “dismantle white privilege” and “disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure.”

I won't be donating.

I’m waiting to see if this is real. If it is, I may join you in the cancel. It’s a shame because I can just about guarantee that isn’t the position of our local reps.

This could be some rogue militant Salvation Army splinter group, whose position statement is of no force. We will know before I go to walmart on Christmas eve to do my shopping.

I have a swamp dwelling right wing nutjob cousin near Alexandria. I sic’d him on it. He’s building his protest sign right now.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
The first question I asked myself is this true? SA’s website does not mention it. The article linked above also does not have the apology in it’s body. For now I have to sit on the sidelines until the facts are more than a pundit statement.

The first question I asked myself is this true? SA’s website does not mention it. The article linked above also does not have the apology in it’s body. For now I have to sit on the sidelines until the facts are more than a pundit statement.
I looked on their site as well. Their statement on racism is much different. I can find no reference to BLM.

Where there's smoke.....

Did you read that? I did, and still cant draw a conclusion other than how obfuscatory that article was. No facts and lots of circuitous blather.

It reminds me again why I have newsweek blocked.

The real objection seems to be the compulsory sensitivity training. What’s remarkable is how long it took TSA to get around to it. It was required by state law in most places. I was indoctrinated annually.

What is supposed to be a neutral organization relative to charitable donations shouldn't get wrapped up in polarizing any topic.

I will never drop even a penny into the bucket ever again.

Could not find a central email contact to let them know they have lost my support. I was pretty constant in giving almost everytime I passed the red bucket. No more.

Could not find a central email contact to let them know they have lost my support. I was pretty constant in giving almost everytime I passed the red bucket. No more.
There’s plenty of contact us buttons. You can see their official statement on race while you’re there.

I’m still unable to find the alleged statement corroborated in reliable sources.

Good timing since the Red Kettle campaign kicked off yesterday. Coincidence I’m sure.

Where there's smoke.....

They linked to TSA's Study Guide. I read it and could find no fault in it. Nothing that supports BLM. Nothing on CRT that I could see.

Just my thought....Gays and all those other alphabet groups would like nothing better than to hurt TSA because TSA has a core belief on marriage, although they say they don't discriminate on sexual orientation when it comes to giving.

So it appears Hasbean (Beanman) may be correct. At least for now. I remain open for further investigation...

This is a pretty dumb idea that they should do their best to hide. Now the poor volunteers who have to stand in the cold ringing the bell will have to endure the wrath of the culture warriors.

Try to remember they are volunteers who are just trying to help. Stick a note criticizing the leadership in the kettle with your $20.

This pc woke bs is exhausting. Who has time to be mad this much?

I’m not sure I believe this story.........I suspect they’ve been set up by the progressive left to harm their typical Christmas success and charity giving.....

The Left hates charities doing what “mother government” is supposed to do.....

Come On Homer!

It's On The Internet & MM!

It's Gotta Be True!

I’m not sure I believe this story.........I suspect they’ve been set up by the progressive left to harm their typical Christmas success and charity giving.....

Bingo….give that guy a cigar.

I have a number of bell ringers in my immediate family. It’s considered community service. None of them have received a cent. Not even mileage. I know because I drove them when they were kids.

I have a number of bell ringers in my immediate family. It’s considered community service. None of them have received a cent. Not even mileage. I know because I drove them when they were kids.
Sounds like good folks for sure.

I just got my yearly mailing from the SA....same stickers as always....same testimonials....same request for donation coupons....same return envelope....

They seem as racist as ever to me....I'm returning the $37.92 coupon with a check.....

I just got my yearly mailing from the SA....same stickers as always....same testimonials....same request for donation coupons....same return envelope....

They seem as racist as ever to me....I'm returning the $37.92 coupon with a check.....
No form requiring allegiance to BLM?

Fox picked up the story. If you weed thru the bs, they corroborate the fact that this is an internal document for SA employees.

Why they have such a document would be fun to learn. Our training was borne of a DOJ (as I recall that was the lead agency) investigation and subsequent settlement.

I hate to see this. It’s still a charity that does good in our local communities.

Like I said in my first post, this was really stupid. You can expect more and more of this woke thinking with the new generation of Directors coming along.

This stupid bs is the only reason I don’t still work.

The deeper I dig into this the more it looks like a guide for their "salvationists", as blue pointed out. Many companies have done this, but like blue said, "years ago". If they were federally required to implement this it would have been back when blue was getting his lessons. So why are they doing it now? One can only assume it was their own decision. As someone else said why wade into polarizing politics as a charity organization? Why now, in the current climate, would you touch this with a 10' pole? It looks like woke virtue signaling at the worst time possible.

I think I’ll stay out of this discussion and watch. I’ve always respected and appreciated the SA. I can say I’ve not donated a huge amount to them but I have donated numerous times. I hope this comes to a happy ending in that it would be very sad to see the SA loose the support of a large percentage of their donors.

I think I’ll stay out of this discussion and watch. I’ve always respected and appreciated the SA. I can say I’ve not donated a huge amount to them but I have donated numerous times. I hope this comes to a happy ending in that it would be very sad to see the SA loose the support of a large percentage of their donors.
Like you lumpy, I have donated several times and not in big amounts. Mostly, when it suits me and it's convenient as I have other charities that get my designated $ on a regular basis. But, instead of fessing up about the "resource" and addressing it, they went into deny/cover-up mode and then finally addressed it. Their PR/comms dept sucks, but I don't think it ends with them.

Have I written them off totally--no. But I sure do question the leadership when they can't address a controversy on a topic that I find repulsive (fake racism) in a expedient and honest fashion.

I wasn’t going to get into this but I can never keep my mouth shut..... it’s a curse!

I don’t know a whole lot about SA or other charitable groups, other than it seems like, as others have stated, in the case of many of them, far too much of our donations goes to salaries and overhead and not to those in need.

SA may be one of thoses, but for this reason I have donated to SA.

One day, many years ago I was walking down a street with my father in law, we pasted an SA bell ringer and he stepped over and dropped some cash in it. As we continued down the street, he told me this: “When I was fighting in the Philippines, during WWII, the SA was in every location, behind the front lines, especially where soldiers were receiving medical/field hospital assistance. (Other charity orgs were there as well, I remember he named the Red Cross specially.) The SA gave the soldiers free food, free bandages, free whatever but it was always free, regardless how large or small, no charge. On the other hand, the other orgs, especially the Red Cross charged for everything, from a stick of chewing gum to a rag wash cloth.” He said, “I will never forget their generosity and how many thousands of men they helped.”

That’s what has motivated me to give to them over the years. I really hope they, now, do not really believe white people need to apologize for being racists.

I wasn’t going to get into this but I can never keep my mouth shut..... it’s a curse!

I don’t know a whole lot about SA or other charitable groups, other than it seems like, as others have stated, in the case of many of them, far too much of our donations goes to salaries and overhead and not to those in need.

SA may be one of thoses, but for this reason I have donated to SA.

One day, many years ago I was walking down a street with my father in law, we pasted an SA bell ringer and he stepped over and dropped some cash in it. As we continued down the street, he told me this: “When I was fighting in the Philippines, during WWII, the SA was in every location, behind the front lines, especially where soldiers were receiving medical/field hospital assistance. (Other charity orgs were there as well, I remember he named the Red Cross specially.) The SA gave the soldiers free food, free bandages, free whatever but it was always free, regardless how large or small, no charge. On the other hand, the other orgs, especially the Red Cross charged for everything, from a stick of chewing gum to a rag wash cloth.” He said, “I will never forget their generosity and how many thousands of men they helped.”

That’s what has motivated me to give to them over the years. I really hope they, now, do not really believe white people need to apologize for being racists.

It's easy to look up lump, they actually do very well at putting their donations in the right places with little wasted on fluff. The question is why go woke when the woke probably contribute little to your cause?

It's easy to look up lump, they actually do very well at putting their donations in the right places with little wasted on fluff. The question is why go woke when the woke probably contribute little to your cause?
I couldn’t agree more...... seems like there must be something going on behind closed door. I couldn’t guess what it is unless someone is threatening their tax exempt status. That would be the only reason I can think of.

All this could’ve been avoided by just focusing on the one f*cking job they have in the first place. I always thought their mission was to collect donations that help strangers in time of crisis. A very simple “we believe in helping anyone in need, period”, would suffice.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom