Same Buck??

BrowningRage

Long Time Member
These antlers were found 2 years apart... The antler on the Mountain Mike's is part of a set. That antler scores 72 3/8"

Two years later, the second antler was found within a few hundred yards of where the first one was found. The second antler scores 82 3/8"

What do you guys think? Same buck.?

20210306_221153[1].jpg

20210306_135242[1].jpg

I would say not same buck. Most deer antlers I've seen off the same bucks keep little similarities like crooks and bends in points. The little crook in the g2 isn't there on the second huck, the little bend isn't there on the g4 on the second buck, eyeguard isn't the same shape. Could maybe be two related bucks with similar genes though.

Well, its 72 6/8" and the other side is 75 1/8" with an inside spread credit of 22 6/8" thats a 170 5/8" set... 26 7/8" outside spread. Biggest set I've ever found. In fact, the only set I have. So, it was worthy in my book...
Damn I always thought you shed hunted WY not Utah.

Looks like the same buck to me without a doubt, in 2 years they can change a lot but it still has enough similarities for me to believe it is the same buck.

Very well could be. It appears both eyeguards are a bit bladed. But they are different enough that they may not be.

Based on it being from the same location, I think it is the same buck. Unless you want to waste the time and expense of doing a DNA test there is no way to say for certain. I hope you find the other side.

Can you post a picture of the antlers looking head on? Or maybe even the antlers next to each other showing the eye guards? The bladed eye guards and finding them in the same location are certainly the most significant evidence pointing to the same deer.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom