San Francisco Bad City

DeerHunter53

Long Time Member
In the Chronicle the local newspaper there was an article today that said that the Addicts in the City of San Francisco now outnumber the High School Students.

24,500 injection drug users
16,000 Students

I have talked to my beat cops about this and they tell me that their hands are tied. They can't arrest them all because they don't have the room in the jails to house them. So when you get off of the Bart train you will walk by users that have needles stuck in their arm.

My thoughts are to bring all of them 20 miles back into wilderness, give them some clothes and gear to survive and see how many make it back. And if they make it back how many would be cured.

Just sayin.....

What is the OD rate?

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I would imagine all would make it back, 20 miles is not that far. And none would be cured. Do you have any practical solutions to the problem?

Hey Mulecreek

I wish we did have some practical solutions, they throw millions of dollars at this problem and still it exists and is getting bigger.

My position on bringing them back into the wilderness was more sarcasm than anything else. I walk by them everyday on my street here in SF and wonder about how so many people could lose their way.

Just a startling fact today though more of them than High School students. WOW

LAST EDITED ON Jan-30-19 AT 09:02AM (MST)[p]I'd up the fentanyl rate....

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

GOODWIN: Dems really do love Republicans -- when they're dead...

I spent a lot of time in the Bay area in the 70s. Hunters Point, Jack London Square, wharf area, Haight Asbury.

It was quite an eye opener for a white kid to spend time in Hunters Point after dark.

Beautiful and interesting area slowly ruined.

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

I would imagine that the problem being so "in your face" everyday is difficult to watch. It is certainly a problem in my city but can largely go un-noticed here depending on who you choose to associate with.

I don't have any grand solutions either. It appears that putting people in jail for drug use has not worked very well. Making trafficking illegal has not worked very well. I believe treatment is about the most successful but even that has a less than stellar record of success.

If I were king for the day I would make treatment mandatory and free to the addict and completely funded by the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry. They are the sole cause of the current opioid "crisis" we have in the US and they should be responsible for paying to clean up the mess. I would put a freeze on any and all current costs of drugs and medical procedures in the US and freeze all current pay rates for everyone that works in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry. I would take every dime of profit they currently make and it would go into treatment and R&D for solving this problem. The freeze would be lifted as soon as addiction rates dropped below 1980 levels and as soon as they went above they would start right back up.

Now this is obviously a non-starter and a completely unworkable plan but I honestly cannot see another way forward. These industries made huge profits getting people addicted and they make huge profits treating people. What incentive do they have to stop it? They have been able to develop a drug that can help with your opioid addiction induced constipation. Saw that on TV. I was in Chicago for New Years and saw a commercial for Narcan. They were able to develop a drug to reverse the affects of an opioid overdose so they can keep you alive and addicted. But nothing to fight the addiction other than just stop using which clearly doesn't work.

You can't help people that don't think they have a problem, or want the help.

Sad but the only way I see to slow the problem without costing as much tax payer money is tightening down regs to make it harder to acquire in the first place. Quit using it as a crutch or bandaid in the medical field. Cap on allowable amounts to a 5 day period and you go back to the dr to reevaluate if you even need it still. That in itself will weed out a lot of the abusers because it's harder to get.

I crushed both ankles, was on some pretty strong pain meds. (Dilodid,oxycontin, oxycodone,hydrocodone, toridol to make a few) Quit cold Turkey about a month and a half after. Withdrawals sucked bad, but I did it.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

. I would put a freeze on any and all current costs of drugs and medical procedures in the US and freeze all current pay rates for everyone that works in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry. I would take every dime of profit they currently make and it would go into treatment and R&D for solving this problem. The freeze would be lifted as soon as addiction rates dropped below 1980 levels and as soon as they went above they would start right back up.

Really Muleycreek
You want to punish all in the healthcare system what does the nurses have to do with the opioid problem they work tirelessly taking care of these addict's, they do not benefit from the addictions of so many.
We really need to quit blaming others and making excuses for these addict's.
Muleycreek I am not disagreeing with your point of the pharmaceutical company's on taking some responsibility that is valid I just do not think the healthcare is to blame. Yes some Doctors have done some individuals wrong but most have/are concerned about the problem.
Just my two cents

>Sad but the only way I
>see to slow the problem
>without costing as much tax
>payer money is tightening down
>regs to make it harder
>to acquire in the first
>place. Quit using it as
>a crutch or bandaid in
>the medical field. Cap on
>allowable amounts to a 5
>day period and you go
>back to the dr to
>reevaluate if you even need
>it still.

Agree with all of this. Health care is slowly, and I mean slowly, working in this direction. Problem is Dr's, hospitals and pharma have an incentive to keep you on it. These incentives have to be stripped or made illegal. The industry has proven they wont do it themselves.

>Really Muleycreek
>You want to punish all in
>the healthcare system what does
>the nurses have to do
>with the opioid problem they
>work tirelessly taking care of
>these addict's, they do not
>benefit from the addictions of
>so many.
>We really need to quit blaming
>others and making excuses for
>these addict's.
>Muleycreek I am not disagreeing with
>your point of the pharmaceutical
>company's on taking some responsibility
>that is valid I just
>do not think the healthcare
>is to blame. Yes some
>Doctors have done some individuals
>wrong but most have/are concerned
>about the problem.
>Just my two cents

Yes the vast majority of nurses, dr's and others in the healthcare field do great work and truly care about an individuals wellbeing. The problem is the industry as a whole does not. The issue with opioid addiction and the over-prescribing of them has been known for decades. They have done nothing to fix it. They have worked tirelessly to keep it going and to develop drugs to treat the symptoms. They have profited from it and will continue to profit.

Trust me, I am totally aware that my thoughts are over-the-top, unworkable and punitive to many that have done nothing to create the problem. I am also aware that telling the addict to just stop or incarcerating them has not worked. Since this is what we have been doing for decades if it worked then the problem would not be getting bigger. I am all for finding something that works. What has worked very well is the capitalist society. Business has proven time and again that they will find a way to make money. Maybe if we tied heir ability to do that with a reduction in addiction rates, they would find a way to treat a patient without something that has the potential for such horrible consequences.

I hear you DH53. It's bad up north here too. Every time I ride my bike down by the waterfront I can witness drug use and drug deals. Thank goodness for my battery, I can whiz right past them before they even notice me. :D

One problem is that when the doctors cut them off, they turn to street drugs. There is an unlimited supply of that.

Man Arrested With Six Pounds of Heroin, Says DTF

Agents learned that Jorge Luis Valdez-Chavez (age 28 from Sonora, Mexico) was distributing multiple pounds of heroin in Humboldt County.

http://kymkemp.com/2019/01/28/man-arrested-with-six-pounds-of-heroin-says-dtf/

I don't think Jorge brought it from Mexico in a kayak. Take Jorge 20 miles WEST of San Francisco and see if he makes it back.

Just saying

I don't think Jorge brought it from Mexico in a kayak. Take Jorge 20 miles WEST of San Francisco and see if he makes it back........

Then lace the confiscated heroin with fentanyl and put it back out on the street.......7500 birds with one stone.....

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

GOODWIN: Dems really do love Republicans -- when they're dead...

Recently a news organization was doing a story about how bad car break ins have gotten in San Francisco. They set up a bait car with a laptop and a big speaker on the back seat. It seamed like only minutes and the car was broken into and the Items were taken. They had radio tracking on the items and chased the crooks down. While they interviewed the crooks their personal car was broken into and $4000 worth of gear was taken. Why anyone would live there is beyond me. Property values are so high there you could sell your house and live most anywhere else.

>I don't think Jorge brought it
>from Mexico in a kayak.
>Take Jorge 20 miles WEST
>of San Francisco and see
>if he makes it back........
>
>
>Then lace the confiscated heroin with
>fentanyl and put it back
>out on the street.......7500 birds
>with one stone.....
>
>
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>GOODWIN: Dems really do love Republicans
>-- when they're dead...

Lace half of it before it reaches the US. Sit back and watch the war.

San Francisco is nothing but a cesspool thanks to the city fathers that run the city. It has been 30 years since the last time I was there and I have no desire to visit that stinky cesspool.

RELH

Not entirely true mulecreek. Many Drs aren't prescribing like the used to. We found out today that you need a prescription for even 1 package of Zyrtec-D in Oregon. That is ridiculous of course, but they are trying to curb dinky meth labs I guess.
I think the damage is done already though and much of what you say is correct.

>LAST EDITED ON Jan-30-19
>AT 09:02?AM (MST)

>
>I'd up the fentanyl rate....
>
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>GOODWIN: Dems really do love Republicans
>-- when they're dead...

Im not drug savvy, what is fentanyl?

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Eel that Hispanic you mentioned, sounds like he is a illegal, is probably connected to one of the Mexican drug cartels. My son is the field supervisor for our joint task force narcotics unit. Consists of two county sheriff's dept. and several city police dept.
He has told me that most of their hard drug busts have been Mexican cartel illegals.
They busted one cop that was bribed by the cartel who would let them know when it was safe to bring a load of drugs in. It will get worse if we do not change our immigration laws and secure that damn border. The cartels have enough money to bribe law enforcement officers and even judges and politicians. They did it in Mexico and continue to do it to this day.
Can you imagine a border agent or cop being offered 100 grand to turn his head when a major shipment of millions in drugs is brought in.
We do not need to become another major crime scene like Mexico has become with corrupt officials and killing the ones you can not corrupt or bribe.

RELH

Do NOT Litter any Primitive/Wilderness area with that F'N TRASH!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Homer

That happens more often than you think. My beat cops recently told me some really potent stuff containing fentanyl had hit the streets and several had died.

But still they shoot on, I think at the point they are at their life is the last thing they are thinking of each day when they get up.

I carry bear spray in the mornings as I go in at 4am. I have been the target of several homeless but I am somewhat street savvy.

DeerHunter53, listen to your instincts, and stay safe. I would be tempted to change that bear spray for a 9mm or 45ACP even with that city's anti gun laws.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom