San Juan Elk Ridge Turkeys

SureShot

Very Active Member
Wondering if anybody could tell me how the turkey population is doing on the San Juan Elk Ridge unit after the big die-off. I know they moved some birds there awhile back to try to build it back up. I'm thinking about heading there for the first week of May as an excuse to get on the unit and scout it for the bigger game animals.

Out of curiosity, what caused the die off. I know nothing about turkeys there, but I hunted elk there many years ago. On the west coast here turkeys have been expanding and increasing in population for the last 40 years. They seem very adaptive.

I Haven't Seen as many The Last few Years!

Looks Like LittleBig Will Be Eating a ThanksGiving Dinner Early This Year!

Best Of Luck LittleBig!
Bess, I have to call one in first in order to make it into a meal.

I still have lots of Elk burger though and it's been fine eatin!:)

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom