San Rafael North Antelope

barner107

Drew the tag as a non-resi - don't know how - but got very lucky. Was checking my card the last week and no hit - for the whole family! Then we got the emails and it was successful for San Rafael North - almost didn't even look at my email b/c I knew my card was not hit.
Guess next time I should check the right card for the hit!
My 13 year old drew Zion youth rifle tag - he was thrilled with the news this morning before school.
Time to start the research - looks like it is a great hunt for lopes!

My wife had the tag last year. From what everyone told me and from what I saw personally after scouting and hunting the unit it is a bit overrated in my opinion. That is not to say that you can't find a great goat. You will have to be willing to pass on a lot of average to find something big. (But in reality every antelope unit is like that.)
Opening day was a shooting gallery. We were very surprised how many small to average bucks got shot in the first few hours.
I will be happy to answer any questions I can help you with.
Good luck to you and your son.

>My wife had the tag last
>year. From what everyone told
>me and from what I
>saw personally after scouting and
>hunting the unit it is
>a bit overrated in my
>opinion. That is not to
>say that you can't find
>a great goat. You will
>have to be willing to
>pass on a lot of
>average to find something big.
>(But in reality every antelope
>unit is like that.)
>Opening day was a shooting gallery.
>We were very surprised how
>many small to average bucks
>got shot in the first
>few hours.
>I will be happy to answer
>any questions I can help
>you with.
>Good luck to you and your
>son.

I drew the Antlerless pronghorn tag for this unit. Apparently, it doesn't sound like it will be a very difficult tag to fill. I'm ok with that. I hate working my arse off for a doe. HA!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom