San Rafael North antelpe

Mbogo

My wife finally drew the tag.
If someone has advice they would like to share it would be much appreciated. It's a OIL tag for us as she will switch to deer after this and hopefully elk eventually.
Good luck to everyone who drew.

LAST EDITED ON May-16-16 AT 01:11PM (MST)[p]I don't have any current intel but I've usually seen plenty of them west of hwy 6/191 between Wellington and Woodside. We used to camp in that country at least once a year on our comings and goings to Lake Powell. (I suppose that's all in the unit).

Hopefully someone will pop on here who has more solid info but If I had the tag, that's where I'd start.

Zeke

More goats on the north end of the unit. Fewer on the south. Some big ones on the unit. Shot an 82 inch goat around buckhorn res years ago. Glass a lot. Goats have good mass and prongs, not great height for the most part. Scout a few days prior and try to get it done first morning.Good luck.

I grew up in Ferron and hunted the San Rafael quite a bit... I'd agree that mounds is a great area. I found that I didn't see as many goats on the southern portion but I did see more bucks in the 75-80" range than I did up around price and Wellington. Shot mine with my bow just east of Elmo, there were a few out there that I think would have been 78" or better. Good luck!

....and to add to the thread, it is beautiful country and I love every time I'm in it.
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom