Sandia Mountains Turkey

muley505

Howdy! I was curious if any of you have hunted the Sandia's (Unit 8) for turkey in the last few years, and how you felt the quality of the hunt was? My daughter drew one of the turkey tags in the Sandia's, and I'm looking forward to hunting them a little close to home. Just curious about people's past experiences. No locations needed, just a sense for if it's a decent hunt or not. Thanks!

There’s a bunch up there pretty much anywhere you go. Anywhere you can pull over and call you will likely get a response up there if wind provides. They are pressured so little they respond a lot but are still can be tuff to bring all the way in for bow shot. I can’t seam to draw this dang hunt! I think they should give out more tags especially archery only.

In fact I wish they would make first two weeks of April archery.

Cool! Thanks for the input! I agree that we should have an earlier archery season as well. Good luck in the draw!

There’s a bunch up there pretty much anywhere you go. Anywhere you can pull over and call you will likely get a response up there if wind provides. They are pressured so little they respond a lot but are still can be tuff to bring all the way in for bow shot. I can’t seam to draw this dang hunt! I think they should give out more tags especially archery only.

In fact I wish they would make first two weeks of April archery.
I feel the same way about the deer hunts . Tag wise anyway.

Howdy! I was curious if any of you have hunted the Sandia's (Unit 8) for turkey in the last few years, and how you felt the quality of the hunt was? My daughter drew one of the turkey tags in the Sandia's, and I'm looking forward to hunting them a little close to home. Just curious about people's past experiences. No locations needed, just a sense for if it's a decent hunt or not.
Hello ,
Its a great hunt my son got a tag to . We where up there Saturday scouting and it looks real good . Good Luck!!!!!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom