Savage 110 ultralight

I have one in .28 nosler and have been happy with it. I put a nightforce nx8 on it and have shot it out to 900 with really impressive accuracy. The only gripe I have is that the mag feels a little cheap.

I have a Browning A bolt in the 300WSM and I shot 3 of my 4 sheep with that rifle. It's a light rifle so I had a muzzle brake installed. The 300WSM is a good all around caliber. I don't own a Savage, but I have heard they are accurate. If you are at all recoil sensitive, you may want to consider a brake.

I would personally go with it in the 6.5prc. You’d be amazed what they can do. I’m in the process of setting up a 110 ultralight in 6.5prc for a family friend and have it currently shooting under .5moa. Had a 3rd round impact with it yesterday at 1420 yards with factory Hornady match ammo (147 eldm)

A message from a buddy shooting his Savage 110 ultra light in 6.5PRC.

9DA290FB-5E5E-43E3-9892-089EC460A0CF.jpeg

I would personally go with it in the 6.5prc. You’d be amazed what they can do. I’m in the process of setting up a 110 ultralight in 6.5prc for a family friend and have it currently shooting under .5moa. Had a 3rd round impact with it yesterday at 1420 yards with factory Hornady match ammo (147 eldm)
Is he going to hunt with eldm's?

How’s the recoil on the 28 nosler in the ultralite? Looking at the .280 ai

Can't speak for the .28 Nosler. Dad has a Montana Rifle in .280 AI and its braked. Its like shooting a a .257 Bob with a little more explosion at the muzzle. Performance rivals the 7mm mag. Very efficient cartridge.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom