Saw a shooter

B

Bura Nut

went out scouting this morning and saw 13 deer. One muley forked horn, one real nice coues buck nice big rack, long beams and the eye guards were pretty tall. the buck was running through the ocotillo's so no way to study him, but he was big. I saw 5 other smaller coues bucks and the rest of the deer were coues does. Lots of quail out as well........

Way ta go Allen, hope you find him during your hunt.

This weekend was very unproductive, scott and I went to an area Where I have permission to hunt, well the rancher wasn't there and his gates were locked. I tried calling him the day before but couldn't get hold of him. We still Glassed up three coues does. Then Sunday I took the boys dove hunting in an area where there were millions of dove last week, well we only saw about a dozen on Sunday. Boys were disappointed to say the least.

Oh well there is always this weekend.

later

That sucks on both accounts. We saw alot of doves, but they were not as thick on the fields as I expected. I thought monday there would be a great morning flight like sunday, but there wasnt. Anyway, hope you can get your son into birds this weekend. Maybe the rancher will let you have a key for some sort of deposit or maybe sign a release????? I know what it is like to get stuck right at the gate........

I should have called him a week in advance. That way he would have told me that they would be gone. We still have until November so no big deal.

Bura Nut sounds like you have been finding the deer. I got the late tag and am getting stocked. Like to talk with you if you have time. Could you email me at [email protected]

Thanks a million for DA phone #

Bura Nut I am planing on giving you a call one of these days. Had a lot of hunting to do and now it is time to get caught up on some work. I hope to talk to you soon.

Thanks

TwoPointDN: Holler at me by next wed. I leave thursday for Wyoming. 602-454-2146 or email me [email protected].......I want to make sure you are set to go...........Allen

Was in the Barbs' a week ago just scouting and showing the wife & kids where I hunt in January. I decided to hike into an area where I saw a 120" coues the year before. After making the 2 hour hike, I sat up on "BOHNTR's Knoll" and began to put my bino's to use. Well, you guessed it, I spotted a huge buck on the same hillside as last year. The rack was very similar with a little more mass this year. Same buck? I think it may be.

Bura is correct regarding feed in the area. Much more water in there this season. Very green and running water in a lot of the canyons. I saw 11 bucks and 21 does in the rugged canyons. Should be a good year for hunting the unit.

My suggestion to anyone hunting these tough little bucks is simple. Find the most remote canyons, without a road or trail, and hike to it. Set up a small camp near a glassing knoll and don't build fires, etc. You will see trophy bucks if you learn to glass well.

Mr. Adams is definately a person to call for his map service. It will get you into areas where deer are at NOW, not 5 years ago.

Good luck Bura on your Wyoming hunt. Maybe I'll see you in January somewhere near "BOHNTR's Knoll". :)

BOHNTR )))---------->

Bura Nut,

I sent you an e-mail last week thru your e-mail as listed here at MM, guess you did not get it, right?
KW

The email here on MM is an old one. Can I change it??? I just got home and did get your email KW but did not realize it was from you. Now I know the name. I leave the 3rd of Oct. first thing in the morning. I will drive a little over 1/2 way and stop. I am excited to take my son Travis, he will learn alot on his first big game hunt out of state. I plan on going after goats my first day, then spending time glassing my butt off for a good muley. Hopefully I can get one worthy of the MM competition......Hope you do well in your area. I bet you cant wait to leave on the 5th........BOHNTR: I hope I can get on a buck like the one you have seen in 36c. I know they are there and I plan on putting some time in. Best of success on your hunts......Allen

Bura,
send a request to Brian (Founder) and he can change your MM.com e-mail address for you. I had to do this last fall.

Bura Nut

It was nice talking to you. I am going to have to figure this computer out because this is free my cell phone is not. Post your email so I can email you to find out how your hunts go this year. I forgot to ask you when your hunt is in 36c. If you find any honey holes our if the area that we talked about turns out I hope that you will keep me informed. I promise that I will not scare them off. With me late hunt and all. We were talking alittle about the rut. Do you, our any of your buddies on here think that thay will be rutting pretty good from Dec. 26-31. I hope so. Thanks again and good luck in Wyoming.

my email is [email protected] as to the question, I have been told right after christmas is the best, so you should be in the rut by then. They were rutting before that time last year. I hunt in 36c during the Nov 9th hunt. Send me an email and we can keep in touch..........Allen

Most of the time coues don't start rutting real hard until January. I watched bucks walk right past does with out even a sign of interest. Most of the bucks we watched last year in Dec. were still in bachelor groups. We did see a few younger bucks checking out does and then going there own way. Just do a lot of glassing and you will find some good bucks. We spent 4 days glassing from the same spot and got to B.C. coues down there. Saw several others that were pretty close and a ton of bucks in the 80 to 100 range.

Bura when is your hunt? October or November?

Good luck to both of you. My buddy has a tag in October and my Dad has a another great tag in Dec. Hopefully we get a couple more good coues.

Jeremy

Jeremy, my hunt is the Nov 9th, the second hunt. I will have a tougher chance than the October hunt, but at least I have a tag. I hope you guys kill big one's...............Allen

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom