Sawtooths

twsnow18

I'm in the 5 day penalty box. My Sawtooth days are likely over, as I won't sacrifice an elk app. A buddy snagged an "A" tag.

Any feel for the demand this year? I logged in at 1:30 pm on my wife's account, and both A & B were gone.

I wonder if this new rule took it from a 3 minute sell out to a whopping 15 minutes?

Screw Idaho and the elk with in. They could raise the price of elk tags and licenses to 1000.00 a piece and still sell out. You know the talk about a point system, everyone says that you will be knocking the young kids out of opportunities. Heck with them I have not received a controlled permit for deer or elk in the last 27 years. Would like to get one before I die.

I have an Idea, with all the money IDFG is making on the annual Licenses and they are making a killing, they can buy plenty of bullets to kill all the elk themselves...

Screw Idaho and the elk with in. They could raise the price of elk tags and licenses to 1000.00 a piece and still sell out.

You mean raise them to competitive prices in line with every other state?

MT? Over a grand. WY? $1300+ And those aren't even OTC. Your 2 options for true OTC are us and CO. You're more than welcome to go battle the orange army on the front range. Our general tag = 2-4 point draw units in some other states.

You mean raise them to competitive prices in line with every other state?

MT? Over a grand. WY? $1300+ And those aren't even OTC. Your 2 options for true OTC are us and CO. You're more than welcome to go battle the orange army on the front range. Our general tag = 2-4 point draw units in some other states.
Wyoming is only $1300+ if you do the special draw, you can still do archery Rockies in Oregon or jump the cascades and do archery or rifle for rosies in either Washington or Oregon both OTC and both for less than $1000

I'm in the 5 day penalty box. My Sawtooth days are likely over, as I won't sacrifice an elk app. A buddy snagged an "A" tag.

Any feel for the demand this year? I logged in at 1:30 pm on my wife's account, and both A & B were gone.

I wonder if this new rule took it from a 3 minute sell out to a whopping 15 minutes?

I thought it was great!!
Much easier to get a tag this year than the past several years.
Lines were much shorter and there wasn't a bunch of folks showing up at noon the day before and camping out in parking lots.
Just like every year my hunting pards and I were spread out among different venders we all got tags as well as everyone else that showed up where we were.
Wishful thinking but I hope it stays like that for a few more years.

Screw Idaho and the elk with in. They could raise the price of elk tags and licenses to 1000.00 a piece and still sell out. You know the talk about a point system, everyone says that you will be knocking the young kids out of opportunities. Heck with them I have not received a controlled permit for deer or elk in the last 27 years. Would like to get one before I die.

Except for the deer tag you drew in 2006 and the elk tag you drew in 2011 as noted in your previous posts on this site right.

I thought it was great!!
Much easier to get a tag this year than the past several years.
Lines were much shorter and there wasn't a bunch of folks showing up at noon the day before and camping out in parking lots.
Just like every year my hunting pards and I were spread out among different venders we all got tags as well as everyone else that showed up where we were.
Wishful thinking but I hope it stays like that for a few more years.
From what I heard there were people camped at cabelas on Saturday and Nampa IDFG as early as last Tuesday waiting for sawtooth tags

Maybe, but I think I have to call bullshit on that..
Camped out for 5 or 6 days in a parking lot for an OTC elk tag?
Its either a lame rumor or them folks are some serious attention whores.

There was a couple of guys showed up at 9:50 am where I was at they were 5th and 6th in line and they got their tags.

Wyoming is only $1300+ if you do the special draw, you can still do archery Rockies in Oregon or jump the cascades and do archery or rifle for rosies in either Washington or Oregon both OTC and both for less than $1000

The $704 version took 3 points this year. That's not general in my book, that's limited entry.

Rockies in OR is an option. I'll pass on the rosies in the wet 10' tall brush though.

Goes to show the value of our OTC tag. I'd pay $500 for it as a resident, if I had to.

"Goes to show the value of our OTC tag. I'd pay $500 for it as a resident, if I had to."

Without a doubt me too.

The $704 version took 3 points this year. That's not general in my book, that's limited entry.

Rockies in OR is an option. I'll pass on the rosies in the wet 10' tall brush though.

Goes to show the value of our OTC tag. I'd pay $500 for it as a resident, if I had to.
I wasn’t saying that it was an OTC option, you were comparing our prices to others, I was just pointing out that one doesn’t have to pay $1300+ to hunt elk in Wyoming

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom