SB 224 being heard this AM. Plz call to voice your opinion.

Lonepine

Senate Bill 224

1. Makes it an offense for a firearm owner to keep a firearm on premises unless it is in a locked container or secured with gun lock.

2. Firearm owner could be subject to $500-$1000 fine.

3. A minor may be an authorized user of a firearm ONLY if they are 12 years old AND they have successfully completed a firearm safety training course.

By default, this would eliminate the Mentored Youth Program. This would eliminate opportunities for youth to be in the field until the age of 12 and then only if they have taken hunter education (assuming this is classified as a firearm safety training course). In the annual NMDGF Youth Hunter Education Challenge, around 30% of the participants (around 50 kids per year) would not be allowed to compete. Same impacts in 4 H shooting sports.

Here's a link to the bill and contact list.

Screenshot_20210219-071925_Gallery.jpg

Already wrote them all. Ingle replied back and said he would not support this trash.

Gov't can't get it through it's thick skull to stay out of one's home. Getting sick and tired of a bunch of do nothing poor performers making decisions they don't have to live by.

Last edited:
Focus on contacting the ( D ) Senators, they are the ones voting Against gun owners . Those ( R) Senators support gun owners. Don't get mad at me Founder....just the facts .

I've reached out as well, praying the ( D`s ) don't give me the finger as I pushed hard to stop the barbaric abortion bills...but to no avail. NM is in big trouble with the bunch now running the Merry Roundhouse.

Last edited:
Democrats goal is to turn the productive members of society into criminals. That is the purpose of this bill. They want to be able to go after their political opposition. They send their violent mobs out into the streets to intimidate, destroy businesses, block highways and burn, but, they want to be about to destroy your life if you defend yourself.

Focus on contacting the ( D ) Senators, they are the ones voting Against gun owners . Those ( R) Senators support gun owners. Don't get mad at me Founder....just the facts .

I've reached out as well, praying the ( D`s ) don't give me the finger as I pushed hard to stop the barbaric abortion bills...but to no avail. NM is in big trouble with the bunch now running the Merry Roundhouse.

Yep. This state has bigger issues than so-called "gun control" when it becomes nationally as the infant murder capital of America, and worse yet, the infant murder bill forces medical practitioners to perform one against their will.

Hope people realize this bill, if signed into "law", is no more Constitutional than any restrictive measures they take against lawful ownership and use of firearms. Really not interested what a puppet federal judge thinks on the matter.

Maybe productive workers in the state need to go on strike for a month. The Axis Powers in Santa Fe cannot make you go to work and when the wicked witch of the southwest can't buy her booze and groceries with discretionary funds because services are shutdown, maybe it will come down of it's thrown...

Amazing the crap coming out of Santa Fe now. But wait it’s getting even better...the Governor is now buying groceries on our tax payer dollars so maybe all of us can show up at the governor’s mansion for the next Wagyu beef cook off.

Can’t make this crap up fellas.

so I found this on the NM Legislature page.
[Hearing: Feb 23 @ 9:00 am]
I don't know what that means exactly but its on there

With the show of opposition for the bill, Friday at the committee they did remove the under 12 are not authorized users, however the rest of the bill passed and moved forward.

And what some may not realize is if a thug breaks into your home and steals a night stand home defense snub nose and commits a crime with it, you are accountable and not the thug.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom