SB32 update

RoughCountry

Never in a million years did I think trapping would be banned on our millions of acres of land in NM. This is just the start, the anti liberals have their foot in the door. Don’t just sit back and think someone else will take care of things contact your reps now or watch outdoor activities just disappear......

URGENT CALL TO ACTION
SB 32 - The bill that would ban recreational trapping on ALL public lands passed the Senate around 10pm last night by a vote of 23-16. The bill will be introduced in the House today and is expected to be heard in the House Energy and Natural Resources Committee as early as Thursday (3/11/21). The anti-groups have succeeded in pushing this bill and right now it has a lot of momentum.

If you don't know who your Representative is you can find that information HERE.

Tell them you are their constituent and you oppose SB 32 (Trapping Ban)​

Please note: the NM Game Commission already amended the trapping rule, at the request of the legislature in 2019. The Trapping Rule was amended to resolve public concerns regarding perceived conflict between trappers and hikers in heavily utilized recreational areas. Changes included the following and would be nullified by the passage of this bill.

• A complete ban of trapping in high traffic urban recreation areas such as the Sandias, Organs, Santa Fe and Taos Ski Basins
  • Implementing a mandatory trapper education course for every furbearer license
  • Increasing a setback distance to ½ mile from trailheads and campgrounds
  • Requiring extensive trap system modifications to help prevent injury such as swivel points, break-away devices, anchor systems, lamination, padding, and size restrictions.

Additionally, this bill would apply to very, very rural public lands in NM that are rarely utilized by the average hiker. These rural public lands are vital for recreational trappers who do not have access to private lands. And the NMDGF relies on recreational trappers to help the agency keep predator levels at sustainable numbers.

SB 32 is overreaching and unnecessary!

Feel free to forward this email to any and all interested parties.​

so these are the people that are sponsoring this bill.
reach out and express your dislike about this insane bill

WILDLIFE CONSERVATION & PUBLIC SAFETY ACT
Roberto "Bobby" J. Gonzales
  • District: 6
  • County: Los Alamos, Rio Arriba, Santa Fe and Taos
  • Service: Representative from 1995-2019; Senator since 2019
  • Address:
  • Capitol Phone: (505) 397-8825
  • Capitol Room: 218A
  • Office Phone:
  • Home Phone: (575) 758-2674
  • Email: [email protected]

Brenda G. McKenna
  • District: 9
  • County: Bernalillo & Sandoval
  • Service: Senator since 2021
  • Address: P.O. Box 1351
    Corrales, NM 87048
  • Capitol Phone: (505) 397-8834
  • Capitol Room: 328A
  • Office Phone:
  • Home Phone:

Matthew McQueen

• District: 50
  • County: Bernalillo, Santa Fe, Torrance and Valencia
  • Service: Representative since 2015
  • Address: 7 Avenida Vista Grande B7-120
    Santa Fe, NM 87508
  • Capitol Phone: (505) 986-4423
  • Capitol Room: 316A
  • Office Phone:
  • Home Phone:

Christine Chandler
  • District: 43
  • County: Los Alamos, Rio Arriba, Sandoval and Santa Fe
  • Service: Representative since 2019
  • Address:
  • Capitol Phone: (505) 986-4242
  • Capitol Room: 205B
  • Office Phone:
  • Home Phone: (505) 695-2646

As RoadRunner conveyed, our respective district legislators have not taken our voices of opposition seriously to this Bill! Pathetic at best and a vote of no confidence regarding future rubs for re-election.

Man, I feel for you folks. We Kalifornian's have been infringed upon by the anti's multiple times--they don't stop. Just a month or so ago, they presented a bill to cancel bear hunting!!! We beat it, but...

Good luck guys, keep fighting.

Calling and expressing your opposition to this bill is a waste of time, they won't listen to their constituent's. They will do what the bunny huggers that paid them off want. I have tried to express facts and logic to them many times in the past and it falls on deaf ears. You bozos voted for them so this is what you get. Think about it next election.

Calling and expressing your opposition to this bill is a waste of time, they won't listen to their constituent's. They will do what the bunny huggers that paid them off want. I have tried to express facts and logic to them many times in the past and it falls on deaf ears. You bozos voted for them so this is what you get. Think about it next election.
The senator in my district was appointed when her grandpa died and left a vacant seat. She is finishing out his term and hasn't faced an election yet...

The senator in my district was appointed when her grandpa died and left a vacant seat. She is finishing out his term and hasn't faced an election yet...
Wow that's so reassuring, how did she vote ? Like "Grandpa ' ? Or like she was told to vote ? Or are they one and the same ?

Nobody thought it was funny in CA that’s the way California is and has been for many years. Things like that are expected in CA because of the liberal ways out there. Nobody ever thought NM, the Wild West would be taken over by those same kind of people. I cringe every time I see a car or truck with CA plates on it coming through town !! I really do. I think oh man keep driving out of here.

Nobody thought it was funny in CA that’s the way California is and has been for many years. Things like that are expected in CA because of the liberal ways out there. Nobody ever thought NM, the Wild West would be taken over by those same kind of people. I cringe every time I see a car or truck with CA plates on it coming through town !! I really do. I think oh man keep driving out of here.
.....well obviously things like that are expected in NM now...land of enchanted fruits and nuts....

The people that come here to get away from California buy a place then they start wanting to do things like they did in CA. I’d rather see a car here with old Mexico tags on it than CA tags. The Mexicans just want to work.

We have the same thing going on in Colorado. The Libs will never give up so we can't either. Call or email your Reps! We can't just standby and let it pass. You can make a difference

Melanie A. Stansbury, State House Representative
NM House District 28, actually wrote me back and has been the only one to do so.
" Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share your thoughts. I very much appreciate it. "

of course they did....all those mexicans that just want to work.....vote...along with those Californian transplants.....

Melanie A. Stansbury, State House Representative
NM House District 28, actually wrote me back and has been the only one to do so.
" Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share your thoughts. I very much appreciate it. "
I know her personally and she has good intentions but can be a little brain dead. I’m surprised she remembers to stop at red lights. But she does care.

I was really hoping this was going to not be heard again until it was all over but it looks like it may be heard today. I hope the representatives can use their heads and kill this bill. This is the last step before it heads to the governors desk. Man o Man.

Passed by a vote of 35 to 34. Man this sucks. The only thing I can think good is that this horrible session will make New Mexicans wake up. Can't believe this past. What a joke.

Democrats are running/ruining this state that's why its going further in the toilet. Get out while you can.

Worst thing about this is even if there is a power shift in the future these things never get repealed.

Next year they will attach another form of hunting.

I am waiting for the 'we all need to band together as hunters' call from the same people that also call for fewer non-resident hunters on federal lands. If they can ban trapping on public lands hunting could be banned in our lifetimes - I would have said this was not possible a couple years ago. I appreciate what I have here (basically unlimited hunting opportunity) more and more all the time. Even though I am a non-resident I sent a note explaining why I thought trapping was a legitimate and necessary activity.

Democrats are running/ruining this state that's why its going further in the toilet. Get out while you can.

Worst thing about this is even if there is a power shift in the future these things never get repealed.

Bet your ass!

I am waiting for the 'we all need to band together as hunters' call from the same people that also call for fewer non-resident hunters on federal lands. If they can ban trapping on public lands hunting could be banned in our lifetimes - I would have said this was not possible a couple years ago. I appreciate what I have here (basically unlimited hunting opportunity) more and more all the time. Even though I am a non-resident I sent a note explaining why I thought trapping was a legitimate and necessary activity.
So very true.
We gotta stick together, just dont come to (insert state) and hunt "my" critters.

I say everyone just go on strike and shut this state down in a way that would make grisham's pandemic tirade look like sunshine and roses to get their attention...

"We gotta stick together, just dont come to (insert state) and hunt "my" critters."

Or we can support the anti hunting groups in NM. With the $$ we used to spend in NM.
It's not like anyone in NM. cares what non-residents do ??

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom