SCAM

Wanted everyone to know of Lona Duff (dhfk214) in Willard ,Ohio. I made a deal to buy something from Him/Her and after sending the payment have had no further response. Not sure what recourse I have but wanted others to know

Sorry, big buckhunter. My brother in law was about to get scammed recently for some brass and fortunately didn't so I shared the experience in another post.
Thanks for posting their screen name, etc. I find it interesting they have a posting history but limit who can see their profile.
Jeff

Sorry, big buckhunter. My brother in law was about to get scammed recently for some brass and fortunately didn't so I shared the experience in another post.
Thanks for posting their screen name, etc. I find it interesting they have a posting history but limit who can see their profile.
Jeff
no substance in any of his posts..........typical setup??

It is interesting that Lona Duff (dhfk214) in Willard ,Ohio responds to/about Utah muzzleloader elk.

Big buckhunter,
How long ago was your transaction? Hopefully "it is in the mail"!

sent money over a week and half ago and no no response since . Pretty screwed up that some one on this forum is that desperate for a few hundred bucks

That user was banned a couple weeks ago, so no point in warning others. Looking at the ip addresses, I didn’t see any resolving to Ohio. They resolved to various areas in the US, which is a sign that something isn’t right. No one bounces around like that.

I’ll have to look into a better way of weeding these people out.

Always be extremely cautious doing business with people you don’t know and use payment methods that’ll protect you.

How about minimum posts before buying/selling on here. I believe Rokslide does this. May even stop the first post guys who come on just looking to buy ammo/bullets.

Snipers hide does the same but unfortunately that's too easy to get around as all you have to do is comment nice buck/bull on everyone till the number is up. I buy and sell a ton online and it's really very simple use paypal and offer to pay the 3% if you are buying.. if selling what till the money order clears to send. What others do like Long Range Hunting and Snipers Hide is you get to give feedback on sales just need a thumbs up or down. All thumbs up your good to go its not rocket science

always had good luck dealing with people on this forum but the scammers always seem to show up everywhere, sad that they are that desperate
Ya the shortages have caused the scammers to setup websites for bullets and primers and ammo. The clue there is if they want you to pay in crypto run...lol.

Even some legit guys are selling primers and powder but are shipping it illegally without being a certified hazmat dealer. If they don't charge you the 47 or so in shipping costs for hazmat run...lol.

Wanted everyone to know of Lona Duff (dhfk214) in Willard ,Ohio. I made a deal to buy something from Him/Her and after sending the payment have had no further response. Not sure what recourse I have but wanted others to know
Thank you for posting about this individual as you just likely saved me $1400. I posted a WTB add on a different forum for a rifle I’ve been trying to find for a few years and got a quick response from someone out of state. They provided pictures and an address where to send payment. I was extremely excited until I did a quick google search of the name and found this thread.
Scamming people looking to buy firearms seems like a very dangerous way to make a living. Had I not seen this thread and been scammed I would have had to spend even more money to buy a plane ticket and get my money back in person.
I hope you are able to find some recourse and get what is owed to you.

I called the local police to make them aware of the situation but have not heard anything. I live too far away to drive and for what it would cost me to recoup my loss would probably cost 3-4 time the amount I lost. I am glad that I was able to help someone else not get screwed. I felt that's the least I could do was try to help someone else out

ISO ads always add a layer of risk. People go out and find an old photo on the web. You are less likely to be scammed via USPS MO but most of these scammers are in West Africa. They might have an accomplice here cashing MO and depositing them ASAP. Often they hack long time user profiles which makes them look even more legit. A phone call goes a long way if you are unsure.

That user was banned a couple weeks ago, so no point in warning others. Looking at the ip addresses, I didn’t see any resolving to Ohio. They resolved to various areas in the US, which is a sign that something isn’t right. No one bounces around like that.

I’ll have to look into a better way of weeding these people out.

Always be extremely cautious doing business with people you don’t know and use payment methods that’ll protect you.
could they be useing a cell phone with 4g data connection?
gives various ip addresses that might be why it doesnt come back with a static address if i log into here on my phone and use 4 g my ip address might come back as montana or it might say im in texas ny ohio colorado or any other 1 of the lower 48 states

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom