Scent Control

GlassMaster

What are your scent control strategies, and if you're using ozone lockers, detergents, spray, stick deodorants, etc... which brands are you using?

Ya the stuff doesn’t work. Nor does camo, however people are getting stupid rich off of it. When I ran friends about being better hunters for being camoed out. They all same the same thing... it’s comfortable.

I use the spray on stuff. I have no clue if it works, but it makes me feel better thinking it does. ;)

I wear all Scentlok clothes that I buy on closeout from scentlok... Three of the last four bulls I've killed have come in on the down wind side of me to less then 30 yards, last years bull was nine yards.

If I'm hiking, I will smell myself after 30 minutes, no matter what I used. wind wind wind..........and 2,00 yard shots;) just kidding:(

Thanks y'all! Sounds like we're on the same page. I learned to hunt from my grandpa who wore blue jeans and a blue flannel, and always either had a cigarette dangling from his lips or a fat lip in lol.

I have never spent money on camo or scent control products. I typically wash my clothes with baking soda, and rub some baking soda under my arms, but other than that I use the wind.

I always wonder though, what most guys are doing these days as I typically hunt alone.

I appreciate the discussion fellas, good luck to everyone this season!

I have used the baking soda/vanilla concoction to try to cover the smell on sweaty clothes. I don't know if it worked or not, but I felt sexier.

People underestimate the effectiveness of sex appeal in a hunting application! Those bulls get pretty rowdy! ;)

We use Scent Lok cloths ,scent-killer products, hunter specializes laundry products and bag cloths only wearing in the field. We spray backpacks, bows etc. we have elk come in and almost step on us no matter the wind . Lots Say products don’t work. Problem is products not applied correctly or odor contamination. The stuff blocks odors if used correctly. We Also carry oder free snacks.

Playing the Wind is the only way.....however,I have hunted a box canyon with a wallow in it that was dynamite for pre and rut bulls coming into per trail cams.

I set ground blinds up for years... still no bueno. No elk would think about coming in while I was present with the thermals all over the place.

I did buy the ozonics system. I still have not harvested a bull on this wallow, but elk did finally come in regularly.

It might have been luck.... it was fun to think it worked...

I used scent away and left it in my pop up blind bear hunting and guess what they chewed the crap out of it haha!! If it don’t smell it must taste good!!

I work at a sugar factory. End of the day with sugar beets getting sliced you smell like a heavy soil smell. After work i bowhunt. The deer never know i am in the area. Works better than any scent i have used in the passed

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom