scentlok scam

bigfoot llamas

Just a word to the wise, all you that are buying scentlok are getting the shaft. It does not work! Think about it if this garment is supposed to absorb odor what do you think it has been doing since it was produced? Does it come in an vacuum sealed bag? By the time it hits the shelf the carbon is useless! I know they say throw it in the dryer but in order to purge carbon you would literally have to have the dryer from hell and that would'nt work because the garment would incierate before the carbon released what it had absorbed.

The military uses carbon lined suits but they are vacuum sealed from the time of manufacturing until the moment of use. And they are one time use.

Don't waste hard to come by cash on this scam product that preys on those who follow the pack.

meatinthepot

Ok, so I guess that you are a chemist? No? Activated charcoal suits do work to a certain extent. They wont eliminate all of your scent but will kill alot of it. It all depends on the grade and the amount of carbon. Throw-away suits have low grade carbon that reaches its usefulness very quickly.
Ok enough
Eric
Bird-01.gif

costumed-smiley-024.gif

Life long "vagitarian"
la.gif

They work, but only a couple seasons i feel. I have a crude way of judging how well they are working..... A new suit i can drop my ass and not smell it , and a suit thats a few years old doesnt do so well with the test.. i know it sound funny but hey, it works for me.

When i worked at cabelas we sold more garmets of scentlock than anything else. It does work but nothing will ever be complete scentless. They help absorb your body odors,ex:sweat. You still will need a cover scent to complete it. I always use and autum blend and it works great. I don't think i would compare scentlock to the military garmets. There is a reason why they are military gramets!!!!

Cover scents, now thats the scam. You cannot fool a deers nose by covering your scent. Use scent eliminators instead to minimize your oder. Cover scent is a farse, a deers nose will pick out molicules of human scent even if you rolled in elk ##### all day. That is just the way their nose works, it is so much stronger than ours is.
Heres my take on the whole situation and it matches a lot of other so called pro hunter. try to eliminate your scent as much as you can to fool the game that you are farther than you really are. They have a danger zone that they worry about and anything past that they dont care. If you are bow hunting and the deer gets a very slight smell of you he stops and samples it a while with his nose up. He decides if you are in his danger zone or not before he makes his move. Now if you are as scent free as possible you may be 30 yards away and he thinks your 200 and walks into your shooting lane.
Hunting in the burbs like i sometimes do , deer smell humans all the time and cannot keep running because of it. It is this danger zone that keeps them alive or dead if you fool them.
Bottom line is this, the best scent is no scent. save your money on those so called cover scents and get eliminators instead

Sorry but the comercial that I see is enough evidence to sale me.
On the outdoor channel they have a big 6pnt bull elk walk up to a guy who is on the opposite side of the tree, He leans around sniffs him, goes around to the other side, sniffs him and doesn't move until the hunter freaks out with fever and smacks the tree with his arrow.

-Cass

One episode on video?? your easy. How do you know there wasnt a stiff steady wind and the bull wasn't upwind at the time?

It must have been on one of Utahs LE elk units where 1/2 the elk have never seen a human before :)

For the record I love my light weight scent loc suit. It keeps me from smelling my stinky self after a few days of back country elk hunting. Seriously, it works for this purpose really well :)

Cheers,
Pete

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom