Scheels?

Ya!

It's Old News!

If it's not run any better than the bigger Sports Stores we have I'm gonna keep giving the small business's my business!

When Cabelas opened in Lehi I had one of their Suposid Pro's tell me there wasn't no such thing as Leupold Dual Dovetail Rings & Bases!

So I went to Vanwagonens & got them!

Sad part is,last time I was in Vanwagonens a year ago it looked like a Ghost Town,anybody know anything on them as of Recent?

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

They were empty last time I was in there, Rumor around the county is they are slowly going out of business.
Gunnies has really taken off lately though. I go there for all my gun needs anymore. The staff is awesome, last time I was in cabelas I was disappointed with their gun knowledge. some of the guys there are pretty sharp but if your looking for anything rare, like 300 short action ultra mag bullets. According to 3 cabelas employees that caliber does not exist.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Ya!

I like Gunnies as well!

For a smaller Store they have a fair selection of reloading supplies too!

Gallensons in downtown slc on 200 s is great for reloading supplies too. I like the little guys

LAST EDITED ON Dec-17-11 AT 09:41PM (MST)[p]Vanwagonen was a d!ck but his prices were great. Rumors are just that, but it was said he got in trouble for not doing background checks for gun purchases.

Traditional >>>------->

Scheels are cool stores. I have been to the one in Spark, NV and one in ND as well. More of a Gart sports/Sports authority type feel to me than Cabelas or Sportsmans have. The one thing that I really love about it, and I hope it will be the same with this one, is the guns are all around the gun floor on shelves that you can pick up and hold and touch by yourself without having to take a number or wait in line. They literally just have racks and racks of all the different types of rifles and shotguns all over. You can look, pick them up, shoulder them, etc... I think that is pretty neat anyway. I will not even talk to anyone about guns at Cabelas because it royally ticks me off to have to take a number and wait in line to ask a question about a gun or see a gun.

I stopped at Cabelas a couple years ago about the time the Gun/Ammo Craze was happening!

I agree!

They can play their number game,I'm not going to!

And Ya,the Guy at Vanwagenens is an odd duck,swear to gawd I don't know how they're making any money in there with nothin in there to sell?

When I talked to Norm last, he said most of his business was done over the internet anymore. But the building has been for sale for a long time, I have heard many rumors of his legal troubles. Most have been from credible sources.

Gallenson in downtown Salt lake has the best prices I have found. Parking kinda sucks, but beats Gunnies, Sportsmans, and Cabelas on reloading prices

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom