Scope Bottomed Out

DSilver

Hey all,

I recently purchased a Weatherby Mark V - Hunter in 6.5 WBY RPM, and mounted a Meopta Optika 6 on Weatherby Mark V rings/bases (one piece). I noticed a little early that the scope seemed to be tilting down slightly. I also noticed that when my scope is on the lowest power, I can barely see the end of my barrel in the bottom of the scope. I took it to sight in today and was not able to bring the bullet down enough before bottoming out my scope. Probably a dumb question, but I'm not sure if I need new rings/bases, or if I need to shim my scope. I was able to get it down to 4" high at 100, but that's as low as it would go.

Sounds like you got a 20 MOA or possibly even more of a cant on the rail system. You probably need a standard rail and rings. If you can visible see the decline on your scope, you should change the bases and have someone thats knowledgeable about guns and scope help you out.

gun1.jpg
gun2.jpg
gun.jpg

Mis-matched rings?

Or maybe using magnum (9-lug) rings (0.128" difference between front and rear) on a rifle that needs non-magnum (6-lug) rings (0.060" difference).

Either of those and the short one goes in front.

In addition to what has already been posted, one other thing to check is the zero stop setting on that scope.

If you haven't already done so, unscrew the cap and loosen the zero stop screws then try to adjust it again. That Meopta scope has 90 MOA of total adjustment so you should be able to adjust it further to lower your POI.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom