scope fo 300 win mag

HNTNFSH

i bought a new 300 win mag and would like to put a good scope on it but only have 500.00 to spend any ideas or options or save more money and get something better? i want something with good clarity and can hold up to the recoil. no real long range shooting (500yds max)just want a good hunting scope that is dependable. any input would be great thanks

OK, you want some input -- double the price you are willing to spend on a scope, buy a Leupold VX-6 in a 3-18 with CDS, and get out of that rifle what it is capable of doing.

If $500 dollars is all you want to pay then Look at Vortex or Nikon.....My dad shoots a Cheap Nikon with BDC reticles with his Tikka 300 wsm. A 500 yard shot with his setup is a chip shot. The Nikon withstands the recoil from the .300 wsm just fine.

thanks for the replies didnt mean to sound like a jerk. sorry. if a didnt have a son that plays high school sports another 500.00 would be easy but he is killing me in sports costs hope it pays off? sounds like i should just put more away and get something of higher quality thanks again. how about 750.00 to 1000.00 range

Check out optics planet for a Nikon Monarch 4-16-42mm bdc on closeout for $340. If you want to step up in the next bracket then take a look at a Leupold VX3LR 4.5X14-50MM with CDS. I have both and frankly Im pretty sure I can kill anything out to 500 yds with either scope & rifle combo. Good shopping to ya.

If I were you, I'd look real hard at the VX-2 line from Leupold. I'd also stay in the 3-9 or 4-12 range of magnification. Shooting to 500 yards max, that's all you'll need. The updated VX-2s are a Hell of a scope for the money, and CDS models are available. Bear Basin is a great place to look. mtmuley

Leupold Vari-X 3. 2.5x8-36, or a 3x9-40.
I have the 2.5x8-36 on my 300winny. It's hunted, everything from southern Whitetails, Barbary,Oryx and Brown Bear.

thanks guys i really appreciate the info ihave been looking at the vx2 and vx3 and i find both have great clarity just gonna keep searchin and save a few more dollars

If it were me I would want a zeiss conquest or leupold VX3. If I can't afford that or decide to go cheaper (which is where you are here), I have a few burris fullfield II's and they are pretty good for $200. Get the ballistic plex model and it will match a 300 with 180's perfectly out to 600 yards.

VX-2's are good too, but for some reason I don't have any. I do have a leupold VX-R and I think is about a VX-2 equivalent and its a very cool scope for about $500. I forsee more VX-R's in my future.

>Leupold Vari-X 3. 2.5x8-36, or a
>3x9-40.
>I have the 2.5x8-36 on my
>300winny. It's hunted, everything from
>southern Whitetails, Barbary,Oryx and Brown
>Bear.

What he said....

Why complicate things?
No need to spend $500! Bargains are all over.
Spend about half of that and get great glass.
Spend the other half on your kid.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom