Scope mount issue on son's xmas gift

muleymaddness

Very Active Member
I have a question: I purchased a rifle for my son and having problems with the scope ring mounts. The rifle is a Browning X Bolt Hells Canyon and I was attempting to mount some Talley 1 piece rings. I was in the process of mounting the bases and was to my last two screws on the front mount. I was in process of tightening the screws and they never would tighten/cinch all the way down. I was a bit puzzled so I go to loosen them and remove them. They won't remove either. So I have the mount stuck on the rifle and the screw won't loosen or tighten. Any thoughts here?

I got the mount off with little to no damage. All the screws will screw in very smoothly except those front two, it's as if the screw is too big in diameter. I can screw it in about 1.5 turns and that's it. Contact Browning next?

It might be something as simple as the wrong sized screws being shipped? If that happened to me I would check with my gunsmith buddies first.

Actually Im so cheap and lazy I would try the bolt bins at the local hardware store (not home depot). Swapping out a gun sounds like a tar baby.

Muleymaddness, You thought when your son got older you were done assembling toys, tricycles, bicycles and such. You thought you could just kick back and relax on Christmas day. How did that work our for you?

Just joking, congratulations to your son on his Christmas present. He can enjoy it for a lifetime. And a thumbs up to his father who got it for him and is willing to put forth the effort to help him with it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom