Scope rings difference?

Firedad

I assume going from one extreme to the other there would definitely be a difference in sight picture but would it be noticeable going from 1.1” to .92”? I was excited to get shooting so I bought medium height rings knowing if they didn’t work out I could return them and order lows. Regardless whether mediums work or not, would I notice a difference if I went to lows?

likely yes. Assuming the objective fits over the barrel, the comb of the stock should dictate ring height for proper eye relief.

Ring height is determined for purpose of proper eye alignment with the ocular lens and forward to aft mounting is for eye relief.

If the scope fits on the rifle without contacting the barrel then the only difference in ring height choice would so you can make YOUR rifle stock fit your face (cheek weld) while the eye is comfortably lined up with the ocular lens.

Years ago, you always wanted to use the lowest possible ring because of the drop of the old stocks but with the new higher comb stocks nowadays, you want to match the ring height for comfort and alignment.

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom