Score This Buck

Kenny that was a good buck and given the short amount of time you had, you should have made a play on him!

He probably made it through last year, so this year with all the feed and good water this year, he'll hopefully make that 180 mark!

I'll let you know when I'm up there!

Don

I would say around high 160's to mid 170's. The Acostas cant fight too much about that one LOL!

Travis this is a young buck and I hope that this year he'll get that extra 10 inches. But I agree, he was a low 170 the way he was in 2010.

Don Martin
AWO

Don,

I could not bring myself to shoot this guy after passing bigger opening day. Im pretty sure my dad still has nightmares over that! I think he has great potential. This buck also has potential and I hope to find him again. I really hope I don't miss getting up there this year.

kenny2010003-1-1.jpg

kenny2010002-1.jpg

>I would say around high 160's
>to mid 170's. The Acostas
>cant fight too much about
>that one LOL!

Now that's funny right there.

Kenny:

How does that old saying....."Never pass on Day 1 what you would take on the last day!"

Actually, I know why you passed. I've done it too when I had my last Strip rifle tag. I looked at 36 different bucks, and maybe a couple were what I would call real "shooters." I could have filled the tag just about any day, but why? I Know what I got on the wall and at this point in my hunting career, if I can't do better, then I'm not going to pull the trigger.

Killing a deer up there isn't what it is all about. It truly is the hunting experience.

It was unfortunate that your hunt got cut short, and there is no doubt you could have filled your tag.

But you knew what you wanted and you stayed true to the course. I say "good for you!"

Anyway, I heard that the Strip has got a tremendous amount of rain this year, so it is shaping up to be another boomer year.

Yep, I hope we both are up there in August. Will be a lot of fun for sure!

Don Martin
AWO

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom