Score?

accubond

IMG_3803_LI.jpg
IMG_3805_LI.jpg

What do you guys think this buck will score and how would you score that right side? Does he have a G3 on the right side or does his G2 have a huge extra/sticker?

Taxidermist "rough" scored him at 151" and change. Seems high to me which is why I'm asking on here. I will score it once he's back from the taxidermist but I wasn't sure how to score the mass on that right side with the G2 and G3 positioned how they are?

Many times it's hard to score from a picture. I would have never guessed the deer I killed last year would gross 192&7/8 from the trail cam pictures I had of him. Even when I walked up and put my hands on him I was hoping he would make 170. Took him to another hunters house and he thought 160s.

If that deer scores near 150 that's one heck of a rack being he's basically an 8 point.

Do you guys suppose he gets a mass measurement between what his G2 and G3 on the right side and then the typical 4th wrap between the last point and the tip of the main beam?

134, common base G-3.

I just looked up the common base rule and it looks like if the cross section of he base to beam is oval it is not common base but if that cross section looks like a figure 8 it would be common base. Based on the pic I would say it isn't common base. A buddy shot this buck after I had left so I didn't get to see it in person yet but it sounds like the taxidermist said they will be done in a few weeks so we will be reacquainted soon and I will get a better look. I've never ran into this configuration yet and I just want to make sure I score everything right. Thank you for the feedback.

I don’t think you have a g3 on the right side....you have a mb, g1 , g2 and an abnormal.....it appears to me that the rear point comes off the G2....

Last edited:
I dont think that would score as a g3, but as a g2 and a non typical point. No mass measurement between the two. But i also see no reason to worry about net scores unless a guy had something he wanted to enter in b&c

I dont think that would score as a g3, but as a g2 and a non typical point. No mass measurement between the two. But i also see no reason to worry about net scores unless a guy had something he wanted to enter in b&c

I'm just looking on how to gross score this buck. I enjoy scoring deer and this configuration had me stumped a bit. I fit is indeed a G2 with an abnormal then his 3rd and 4th mass measurements on that side would be taken at the midway point between the G2 and the tip of the main beam and added twice, similar to scoring a 6 pointer I believe?

I'm just looking on how to gross score this buck. I enjoy scoring deer and this configuration had me stumped a bit. I fit is indeed a G2 with an abnormal then his 3rd and 4th mass measurements on that side would be taken at the midway point between the G2 and the tip of the main beam and added twice, similar to scoring a 6 pointer I believe?

Yes to this.....you always get 4 H’s,....even a spike gets 4 mass measurements.....they are just all the same

Well we picked up our deer from the taxidermist this weekend and I got the chance to score him. No G3 on the right side and this buck is a prime example of pictures not doing him justice. For reference my buck is on the left and scores 141 2/8" as an 8 and the buck in question is 2nd from the right. Gross score was 150 3/8"!!!
IMG_2797 (2).JPG

Thanks for sharing. Nice buck regardless of score.

BTW, those are some nice wall hangers you guys have there! Congrats to all of you!

I'm right in there with 12pointer, that is a stud and I could see him scoring upper 160's with a legitimate shot at low 170's. Tough to tell from a pic but he's a stud regardless!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom