Score?

Lobsterbuck

I watched this bull 2 days before season. He never left his little hidey hole until of course opening morning. I tried unsuccessfully to get him. I did end up with a 300 inch 6 point though and had an awesome hunt.

Any guesses on his score?
IMG_20201014_183558389.jpg
IMG_20201014_183555109.jpg

Well, he's bigger than the one you killed ;). The pics aren't great and he looks to have short 5's. lots of length on the rest though. I'd say he'll push 350

Hard to tell with the pictures not real clear but I can see he has length. That’s a great bull.

Tough to tell with those pictures, but he looks like a 340 class bull to me. 5ths are too short and main beams don’t appear long enough to push him to 350+

Definitely a pretty bull though and would be tough to pass on.

G5's could be better but 1-4 look real good. main beams could be longer but the width equals the length so no lost points.

I have a bull with 60" beams and a 40" width so what good does that do.

G5's could be better but 1-4 look real good. main beams could be longer but the width equals the length so no lost points.

Width equals the length? Not sure I follow?

I think you’re confused. Width measurement can’t exceed shortest beam length but the beam measurement can exceed the width.

While you inches guys are sitting in your rigs calculating, pissing, and moaning at each other over whether he’s a solid 350 bull or a 357 2/8” bull.... I’ll have that thing tagged and cut up and on my way home!

No need to pull out a calculator on that bull!

If you ain’t happy with it after it hits the dirt then you shouldn’t be hunting!

G this and G that! Lets admire this bull for what it is....A fine representation of the species!

LOL, only about 40 inches of bone to score.

I would much rather have a bull with 60 inch beams and a 40 inch spread than a bull with 40 inch beams and a 60 inch spread.

60 inch beams are on a whole other level of big, very few bulls will reach even close to that.

I think you’re confused. Width measurement can’t exceed shortest beam length but the beam measurement can exceed the width.
Its actually the longer beam, width cant exceed the longest beam.

I would put this bull in the 340 range minimum, could easily be bigger hard to tell from the photos exactly how long all those fronts are.

I like the look of this bull, shooter for me.

I think Tog was hitting the sauce early, I was hoping he’d chime back in and share his scoring system with us.

if those 5ths were each 4-5 inches longer I would think he would be a 370 type bull, thus 360 would be my guess. Fronts through the thirds and main beams look great, 4ths look pretty good. Like bloodtracker, I would have shot before adding inches.

That bull may score better than most are guessing imho.
bad pics but he has the look of something special.
tough to tell mass at that distance. He may or may not have weak 5ths but those 3rds are great.

Bigger than either of my two bulls that I have killed! I agree those 3rds are loooong. He's a nice enough bull to shoot now and score later.

To be honest, yes we were hitting the bottle after we got the heifers loaded and I did have that a bit backwards. if you've never rode with Irish catholics you won't get it. but I did lose points with a 40" spread , and that bull in the picture is 350 that much is right.

This is the first critter I have posted and have enjoyed the comments! I'm not a person that has to score an animal before harvesting it but like I said I have enjoyed reading the comments that the question generated. I guessed him to be 360. His tops were weak but better than the pictures reveal. He did survive the 2020 season and if he makes it through the winter I will be after him September. Hopefully then I can post some really close up pictures!? Thanks for all the imput!

Lobster
360 maybe close. He has mass and great tine length except 5ths.
he easily could have 20 inch 4ths and 3rds. Fronts pretty good as well. Mass of beams and tines suggest he is an older bull. His antlers are huge compared to his body. I doubt he has that much length and mass and has a small body.
Maybe you could find his sheds?
A brother shot a bull a lot like this and he scored 370. Still guess 355-375.
I would bet 100 dollars he scores north of 350.
Good luck finding him.

If I look at the antlers with no anatomical comparisons, I think 360+. However, if you start with the dimension from the tip of the nose to the base of antler being 16”, I begin to think he is not as long as long as I first thought.

I will say 350+

Somewhere between 350-370 is my guess. Regardless, that bull is awesome. I’d kill it and be happy on any tag I could draw.

This is the first critter I have posted and have enjoyed the comments! I'm not a person that has to score an animal before harvesting it but like I said I have enjoyed reading the comments that the question generated. I guessed him to be 360. His tops were weak but better than the pictures reveal. He did survive the 2020 season and if he makes it through the winter I will be after him September. Hopefully then I can post some really close up pictures!? Thanks for all the imput!
Hello Lobsterbuck,
As you can tell, we all want to help out any way we can. Please send location of this bull so we can all get a better look at him! :cool:
Seriously? I would bet he is 350+. That is definetly a shooter bull in any unit in any state. Thanks for sharing and good luck in your search for him next year.

Elkchaser

If he is still alive can you hold my hand and take me to the promised land? PM me and I'll try to draw the tag for this fall.

hahahaah - unreal! Awesome mounts wapitiwilly, thanks for re-sharing, and fair to say - same class maybe. Fun thread. Can't wait for next season.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom