Scored a tag! Anyone else?

Founder

Founder Since 1999
I know you locals don't get excited because you just grab a tag at the corner store, but for some of us we get excited. Need to find some bucks now!

I got my horses lined up from Yellowstone Horse Rentals, need now just to find a trailer to get them to the trailhead.

aa-forum2.jpg

4 years in row, no point creep here. Wyoming has the best draw system in the game. Always a “chance” to draw a tag, and always get there results out when they say they will. Well done Wyoming. Those common sense country folk sure have their heads on straight.

My party of three whiffed on special H with 2 plus points. We were right at the cut and no luck in the random draw either. No luck on antelope with 3 points. Next year I guess.

57-1 Lope, a doe tag near the house, 25/27 Type 1 Elk for me and Wife,

Daughter has 2 cow tags.

Wife and daughter got hosed by the odds. Last year the lope tag they wanted was 100% with less than 3. They had 4 averaged. The unit jumped over 2 points this year and they missed.

Refund is nice for 2 special lope tags...

Then we will cap off with general resident deer tags!!

What a predicament. What happens if somone wants to purchase your best glassing location but you can't sell it cause you have a tag yourself?

What a predicament. What happens if somone wants to purchase your best glassing location but you can't sell it cause you have a tag yourself?
They'll have to settle for my 2nd "Best of the Best" spot, or maybe the 5th. I'm pretty confident that I'll find a few spots that I'll call my "Best of the Best". But, I'll be hunting the very best. Excited to get after it. Have lots of backpacking planned in a couple states. :)

Hoping to find one like this....
1111.jpg

Put in for Wyoming elk with 2 points, Wyo region G deer with 5 points and Utah general unit archery deer with 0 points and didn't draw Squat. Good thing my Wyoming son and his family have 4 deer tags and 7 elk tags to fill, or I wouldn't be hunting at all.

Last edited:

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom