Scouts and Shooting Sports

??I wonder if anyone is still mad that we decided to let girls join the scouts?

Bluehair
Splitting my time time between the winter and summer range......
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

>??I wonder if anyone is still
>mad that we decided to
>let girls join the scouts?
>
>
>Bluehair
>Splitting my time time between the
>winter and summer range......
>May you live long enough to
>cash in those preference points.
>Amen

I am.

When you state "we let girls join the scouts"
Who is we.

Men.

Bluehair

There is a very positive side to this story. A lot of those scouts getting to shoot guns are American kids. A lot of them from larger cities where they have never been able to shoot like their rural area scouts.
They will have a tendency to become pro gun in their thinking and that helps our future generations to protect their firearm rights.
When I was a LEO and firearms instructor, we had what we called a "ladies day shoot" where we trained women on using handguns. It was free to them and they also could use their passing score to obtain a concealed carry license and many did. We always had a full class with no vacant spots due to the out turn of woman wanting to learn safe handling of handguns for self defense.
In fact I prefer to teach women as they do not have a "Macho" attitude of knowing everything and will listen to the instructions. A lot of them turned out to be darn good shooters that could outshoot their husbands or boyfriends.
RELH

I agree with you RELH, I think it's a good thing. I didn't realize the Scouts were that big in shooting, firing a million rounds in 10 days.

I'm not a Scout and have never been there but a lot of the females are Girl Scout Troops. With a few girls in the Boy Scout Troops.

This place belongs to the Scouts, it's 11,000 acres and they have spent $100,000,000 there.

I bet those 14 to 18 year boys don't have a problem with the girls being there.

The last National Jamboree was in 2017 so the next one will be 2021 I think.You can get a day pass to visit so I need to put that on my bucket list of things to do.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-30-19 AT 11:59AM (MST)[p]"Men"
What men? Did you bluehair get to vote on the decision too include girls in Boy Scouts?
I did not get a chance and I was strongly involved in Boy Scouts and I do not know of anyone that did get a chance
That decision was made by guys "not men" who make over $100000 a year and the same guys could see the lost of organizations who did not support allowing homosexials into scouts. It was a money decision not a decision to help get girls out and enjoy the outdoors.
If men truly wanted to accomplish getting girls to learn more about outdoors men would get more involved and help improve the Girls Scout program.
I am not saying anything negative about you bluehair, I believe you get in and help girls and boys in a positive way for both but I truly do not believe the decision too allow girls in Boy Scouts was for the best for young ladies or young men.
Rhelh and wvhunter I agree 110% it is a good thing to get anyone especially young girls and young boys out and learning about guns and gun safety.
But I am not a believer in that you forget about all other ramifications that might be negative in order too accomplish one positive.
Young men need the opportunity too learn how too be young men and sometimes that is best accomplished away from young ladies.

WV, I'm sorry for having helped politicize this thread. Teaching kids/girls to shoot is terrific. I know if i had daughters I would want them to have the same opportunities as my sons do.

The trog's out there better be getting on board with the sisterhood. While we lay in our lazy boy with our brains safely in our hand, they are organizing. And they are pissed that our boot has been on their throat since forever. And its a political reality that it is in our best interest to get em on board with the things we like, as others have pointed out. I for one am going out of my way to evolve.:)

Sorry again.

Bluehair

>LAST EDITED ON Jul-30-19
>AT 11:59?AM (MST)

>
>"Men"
>What men?

It was the metaphorical "men"; just me wondering aloud why we wouldnt want to teach young ladies about the outdoors. I wasnt talking about the BSA administration or decision making.

>I am not saying anything negative
>about you bluehair,

Nor me you. Our posts went up about the same time. I appreciate everything all of you do for our kids.

Bluehair

LAST EDITED ON Jul-30-19 AT 05:11PM (MST)[p]I myself think teaching kids to shoot is great. Myself and littlebuck were hunter ed instructors for years, and always enjoyed do it,and btw we had large classes, and the girls always scored higher than the boys on shooting day. My only consern, is with the political spotlight being shown on scouting. If one day a disdunctional bratt, shoots someone, and the lefts headline is this former scout, who learned to shoot while in scouts.....yada yada yada. My father was an eagle scout, when he g[t to korea, the day he arrived, a colonal read in his papers he was an eagle, called him to his office, ask him about it and promoted him to corpral. Scouting is very different today and ill teach my grandkids about the outdoors and shooting myself.

So?

Can Boys Join the Girl Scouts?

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

It makes you wonder how difficult the parents of the kids are when it's shooting time for their kids. I know a few teachers in schools and it's usually the parents that make lessons hard. I can only imagine the stress of the leaders when the parents butt in.

I think it's a great thing teaching them when they're young. Most probably won't go on to be passionate about guns, but at least they will know the fundamentals that will keep them safe if they ever pick up one again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom