SD scouting muley bucks

sdmuleybuck

It was really foggy this morning and the bucks were bedded when the fog lifted. I did spot these two bedded in a dry wash.

5760sdscout8-20_002.jpg

5146sdscout8-20_015.jpg

Nice bucks! I put in for Fall River County this year but didn't get drawn. Where are you at? How is the deer population out there? I haven't hunted SD for a few years. I miss it out there...

Terry

I am West River the deer population is doing ok considering two real harsh winters in a row. The antelope have took a hit big time. You can drive 100 miles in country that use to have tons of antelope and not see a single one.

For deer it seems antler growth this year has been great. If you can find an older age class buck its going to be sporting some good headgear. Its been a real nice summer with alot of moisture and not to hot for the most part.

Good luck this fall

I figured you were west river...

I have an antelope tag for Jackson County. It's the double doe tag. I'm taking my 7 year old son on his first western hunting trip, so I didn't put in for a buck tag. Just something to wet his appetite. Are you on private or public ground? I've seen some good muley bucks in Fall River county. I just don't have the luxury to take any scouting trips out there.

Good luck
T-

I have a special buck tag for west river and your pictures are getting me excited. Thanks for posting them!

I love archery hunting and can't wait until the opener. Hopefully I can find one of these bucks I have been scouting then. It should be a great year.

Good Luck hope you find them again during the archery season.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom