SE Corner

300MIKE

Just wondering how the deer came thru the winter? Will be back in 76 again this year. Also would like to talk to someone about the UT side of the lake. Have spent alot of time the past 10 years on the WY side with some pretty good luck. Looking for a change. BrianID im sure you can shed some light on this as you have in the past. Thanks for any replies. Glad to share some info on NM unit 2b/c, 10 and several CO areas.

Mike

I have hunted the ut side of the lake my hole life and had pretty good suc. but it took a lot of time and work and now i find that it is growing in popularity and going down in deer #'s

Im 30 years old hunted it my hole life shot many low to mid 20 inch bucks (7) but nothing BIG and have not shot a buck in the last 3 years. Im looking to go down south next year

I would have helped had I known jack squat about that area.
DILAGAF... funny name. I love it! I thought it was diligaf though. Does it look like I give a .... or is it, does it look like anyone gives a .....?
Just curious.

"I shoot at wolves, I don't dance with them." :)
Stands With A Fist

we have hunted above bear lake a few times, we would see smaller deer, and we shot one deer over 24". We hunted hard. thats my 2 cents

Sorry it took so long to reply. I've only been checking out the forum once a week or so. I also moved to San Antonio this spring so I haven't been in the Idaho mountains scouting this summer like I normally do.

The winter was longer than it has been for a few years. State wide only 30% of the monitored mule deer fawns survived the winter. Based on what I saw this spring, some areas had a lot of dead fawns and other areas didn't have as bad of winterkill. I don't think the winterkill around Bear Lake was as bad as it was a couple years ago but it was still a hard winter on the deer in that area. There will still be deer to hunt but I wouldn't expect to see as many two points. Good luck this fall.

Thats a good thing. We dont need a lot of deer, just 2 nice ones. Hey thanks for the reply, good luck 2 u 2.
Mike

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom