SE Idaho Mule deer iniative?? Anything?

muleyczy

Has anyone seen any benifit or impact from the work being done on the Mule deer iniative program in the SE area?

The only change ive seen is they (Idaho) have changes the SE tag into a "general."

Very little as of right now! Hopefully, the future will show some improvements. We've all heard that before. A lot of money spent on smoke and mirrors. They aren't doing enough to really show any kind of impact on the herds in the short term. It's not being done on a grand enough scale!

Steve
www.muledeercountry.com

I had big hopes for the MDI, but.....so far I'm not impressed. I can't stand the fact that the F&G opened up a general season doe hunt for the youth! All in the name of increasing buck to doe ratios. I don't care if the buck to doe ratio will now be 15:100 instead of 7:100. If you have to kill off the factory to make it look like there are more bucks it doesn't mean there are more bucks just fewer does. On top of the fact that the herds are not at objective levels and they still want to kill does.

If looks more and more like a goverment program to create new positions instead of producing results.

I think the same thing as mentioned and have emailed several people within the FG asking specific questions and have never had a response, ever!!They are all over it. Dont worry though they inacted the ATV restriction for hunters, It just sucks that I have to be a berry picker during hunting season so that Im not breaking the "law."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom