SE Metolius Bow

Aaron

I am getting up to alot of points and my buddy has enough to get the tag even as a non rez. I was wondering what U OR boys thought of this hunt over the last couple of years. Is there any big bucks left in that unit or do u think its a waste of points and i mean alot of points at that. I know a couple of guys down here have drawn it and said it was crazy good but that was around 9 years ago and about 7 years ago. I have heard there still is alot of deer but just have not seen any good bucks come from it the last few yeras. What do u guys think. Any of u hunted it any time lately. thanks

I'd wait. Supposedly there is a hunt for the Paulina unit (winter range) with 25 buck tags with mid Nov dates in the works, but it won't be decided until later this spring. Keep an eye on the ODFW controlled hunts page. You can also read about the proposal there.

Wanted,

If ODFW does decide to have that hunt how would you go about applying? Since the application deadline is so close? Just wondering. Thanks

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

Don't know. I see that the Oregon Bow hunters is calling it an "emergency" situation, but I'll be if it does go through it will be for 2008.

Back
Top Bottom