Season selection

With 5 or more points what season did you put in for?

• 2nd

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • 3rd

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • 4th

Votes: 8 12.5%
    Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Primitive Weapon

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3rd season with 17 points but not sure it's gonna be enough. It took 13 last year.
I’m concerned because all the people with 19 to 20 maybe 21 points are all in the same boat.Locked out now of the higher point third seasons and dropping down to the next level 3rd seasons.Could be a lot bunched at that level.

I'm a little surprised at the lack of 4th season tags people applied for. It'll be interesting to see if the trends hold, if so here might have been some better odds of drawing those than I anticipated.

I'm no 5+ point holder. Last year I applied for a 3rd season tag with 0 points. With 30% odds I was one of the lucky ones. I wanted to do the same this year. All the talk leading up this year got my brother and I, both with 0 points, to choose 2nd season. We'll see what happens. Historically we should draw, but this year is anyone's guess.

Can you imagine saving points for 20 years and still having a 80% likelihood of shooting an average buck..... That's the reality of preference points in Colorado...

No points here... second choice garbage tag...:D

I'm a little surprised at the lack of 4th season tags people applied for. It'll be interesting to see if the trends hold, if so here might have been some better odds of drawing those than I anticipated.

Wait till it's dry and warm thru third, like it has been in the past. It was dry and warm thru 4th last year.

I hunted 4th season in 2019 and didnt see any rutting at all. Went with 2nd season this year with 11 pts.

Archery with 3, and I'm liking the results of your pole of people with 5 or more very few going for archery.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom