Security Alarm Permit

eelgrass

Long Time Member
Some years ago our county got tied of answering false alarms to homes and businesses. Or the alarm would go off when the people were out of town and they had no way to access the house or even turn off the peoples alarm. So now your alarm has to be registered and you have to have contact information from 3 people who can respond if they can't get ahold of you. I get that.

I got my renewal notice the other day. They added a new question: Are there gun(s) at this residence?

I'm trying to figure out how to answer. What would you do?

125392378_2384950094984303_5064018063986383576_n.jpg

Who registers it, sheriff?

If you’ve bought anything new recently you filled out a 4473 (or whatever the number of the yellow sheet is). Something to consider.

If the information is being requested by the alarm company, yeah piss off.

If the request is from the county, it is for the safety of the officers that respond to the alarm call. In the event they do discover a burglary in progress and suspects still in the home. They will have to assume the suspects are armed and handle the call as possible armed suspects in the house that may barricade and open fire on them. If you bought any handguns since 1999 or a long gun since 2014, those guns are registered to you as owning them.
RELH

If the request is from the county, it is for the safety of the officers that respond to the alarm call. In the event they do discover a burglary in progress and suspects still in the home. They will have to assume the suspects are armed and handle the call as possible armed suspects in the house that may barricade and open fire on them. If you bought any handguns since 1999 or a long gun since 2014, those guns are registered to you as owning them.
RELH
I'd still tell the requester to pound sand on that question.......cops should never approach a house alarm with their hands in their pockets.....they assume the only possibility of a gun there is because of the home owner???

It doesn't matter. Soon it will be like here in Houston. The city takes my money for the alarm permit. The alarm goes off. No cops show up.

They don't care if there are guns here. Just shut up and pay. The money is all the city cares about.

It’s the same as the big money utility company here in Utah. They try to scare you into buying insurance for your gas line by saying they do not repair the line on your property if it broke from a natural disaster or anything else because it is on your property. So, for a small monthly fee, they can take care of costs related to this issue if it ever happened.

What about the large monthly fee I already pay?

Everyone wants a slice of your wallet...no matter if they are a blatant criminal or a “community friend” criminal in disguise. Don’t get me started on insurance companies, politicians, and every other source of fraud...

If you have registered guns they know it all they have to do is call it in. So my answer
What did you say? no really what did you say? Can you repeat that please. Still can't hear you......

Yes, it comes from the County Sheriff. I knew the Sheriff's dad when he was the Sheriff years ago.

I decided to put down N/A.....not applicable. I'll see what happens.

I’ve been A part of a lot of false alarms on construction sites or work in occupied buildings. Usually the alarm is accidentally tripped early in the morning, like 3 or 4 am. The cops are always cool about it. One time the cops actually caught someone that broke into the building. Afterwards, I was talking to the K9 Sergeant about the dogs and he asked if they could train in the building I was working in. It was a two story and partially completed and he thought it would make for a good training day location. They used the building for one night of training.

Almost like the other day, went in to get some bloodwork done had to fill out a form, one of the questions was, Male, Female, They or Other Pleases check box. I didn't have any makeup on maybe that was it...WTF.................................

I'm not concerned about the Sheriff knowing I have guns, it's a matter of record anyway. If it was just RELH, I'd tell him my alarm code and where I hide my spare key. I wouldn't tell him where the key to the freezer is though. He's not THAT trustworthy.

Damn it Eel, Cuz and I would just love to get into your freezer and clean out all the fish you have stored in there. A few pounds of crab would be great also.
RELH

Answer it with another question...if I had guns..why the frick would I want a security system???

Answer it with another question...if I had guns..why the frick would I want a security system???

It will give you a warning that it is time to get that gun as $hit is going to happen real quick.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom