Seein' any good bucks?

polarbear

Long Time Member
Howdy!
Just wonderin' if any of you good folks are seein' any decent blacktail bucks? Here in my little part of Washington, there seems to be an above average number of bucks this year! I caught a 4x4 that's outside of his ears and growing pretty tall, eating one of my apple trees the other night. I have been doing some hiking and am seeing a lot of nice bucks. Looks like its gonna be a good year. How about your areas?
Eric

saw a couple of nice 3x3s bedded under a freeway overpass yesterday afternoon. id think that odd but it was 106 degrees down there where i was so any shade was good shade and they were taking full advantage of it lol

It's very frustrating where I live, I saw 12 bucks the other night,a big 3x3 and a REAL big 4x4 but they were all on private property that I can't hunt!
There are a lot of sanctuaries for them around here where they just die of old age!

HunterHarry
There is a 1600 acre chunk of woods like that right behind me. Its all big timber with a couple of beaver ponds and no one is allowed to hunt it. Every now and then one of those bruisers wonders out into my place and gives me an eye full. I have hiked through that property in the summer and have seen some giants!
Eric

Do you guys start early, like we do in Ca. A-zone? The horns look good here. The wet april must of helped.

I was on my way to work this morning and saw a SMOKER!
4x4,eyeguards,HIGH-WIDE-HEAVY! had to be near B&C!
(private property-no shoot zone) like always!

i will post some pics from my area. i have two on film that will be an easy 150 buck.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-03 AT 11:54AM (MST)[p]I work in the Napa Valley and see a lot of good bucks if I take the Lake Berryessa way over the hill,This one was at the bottom of the hill just as you drop into Napa.There are a few spots there that are like sanctuaries where people feed the deer and there are too many homes to allow hunting and the bucks just die of old age!
If you want to see a bunch of bucks, take a drive down Wrag Canyon Road at Lake Berryessa, near pleasure Cove Resort. If you go before they strip the velvet you can easily see a dozen bucks in the evening just standing around in the open.
But again it is pretty much a no shoot zone. If you knew one of the property owners you might be able to bowhunt it though.
I used to have six different private properties to hunt blacktails, but due to changes in ownership or family politics I am down to zero and will be forced to hunt some sub-par public ground this year,we'll see how it goes!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom