Seek Outside Cimarron

3TOE

Very Active Member
Just curious to know if anyone owns one of the SO tipi’s & what your opinions are on them. I ordered a Cimarron Light a month ago & should be expecting it soon. I used a solo tent a few times then switched to a 2 person to give me some room to store some gear.
Im hoping this set up will finally resolve some of my other issues with the lightweight tents.
5D221D47-4AF4-4C2C-8D6A-52A56667398B.jpeg

I have their 12 person teepee and am completely satisfied with the design, materials and workmanship of it. I’ve had it about five seasons and it‘s been throughout North and Central Idaho and done well.
I’ve also spent several nights in a Cimarron and really liked it as a backpack shelter for two with a stove. Just enough room for two plus gear and a modest woodpile. Plus, it’s nice to be able to stand and get dressed. Easy set up and handled weather nicely.

I have their 12 person teepee and am completely satisfied with the design, materials and workmanship of it. I’ve had it about five seasons and it‘s been throughout North and Central Idaho and done well.
I’ve also spent several nights in a Cimarron and really liked it as a backpack shelter for two with a stove. Just enough room for two plus gear and a modest woodpile. Plus, it’s nice to be able to stand and get dressed. Easy set up and handled weather nicely.
Thanks for the response. I think the Cimarron will work perfectly. I like the simplicity of the design. I plan to buy a stove unit for mine & have been researching a few different brands, but just haven’t made up my mind yet.

My bud has a Winnerwell fast fold titanium that is a breeze to set up and has a good size door and fire box. It’s ‘heavy’ relative to some of the other more appropriate backpacking stove ie seek outside, Kifaru, HPG, LiteOutdoors, TiGoat, etc.

A buddy has a Cimmaron that we used last year.

Only issue was condensation inside the tent.

The stove is a nice addition.

Tent had room for 2 plus gear

My bud has a Winnerwell fast fold titanium that is a breeze to set up and has a good size door and fire box. It’s ‘heavy’ relative to some of the other more appropriate backpacking stove ie seek outside, Kifaru, HPG, LiteOutdoors, TiGoat, etc.
Right now my first choice is the Winnerwell. I’m not too concerned with the weight because I’m intending this set up for specific hunts that wouldn’t require packing in.

A buddy has a Cimmaron that we used last year.

Only issue was condensation inside the tent.

The stove is a nice addition.

Tent had room for 2 plus gear
I was concerned about the condensation issue. They actually talk about ways to help with it in some of their videos. The one I bought also has a mesh door, so I’m hoping if I crack that a little it will help vent the tipi enough to prevent condensation.

If you’re not packing in I wouldn’t waste the money on a SO or Kifaru tipi. They are worth it for back country type pack in hunting but if it’s going near the truck save yourself a ton of money and get a cabelas tent or something along those lines. The SO and Kifaru tents tear easy too. Floorless sucks ass too, the only benefit to it is weight savings packing in. I just picked up this tent this week to start using for my fly in moose hunts. I currently have a bigger cabelas tent that has stood the test of time but it weighs almost 80 lbs and is now a truck tent..

There’s a nice vent at the top of this tent to solve the condensation issues. FTR, I hate almost all things cabelas but their tents and meat grinders are not bad…

*edit I see you already bought the tent, you won’t be disappointed *

I really like my Cimarron. I have a Nest for it too that helps with condensation and vermin. I usually take another tent unless I want the stove though since the floorless can be harder to set up in certain places, like the desert. My stove is TiGoat and has been flawless but there are probably better options now than when I bought mine.

20190727_224015.jpg

If you’re not packing in I wouldn’t waste the money on a SO or Kifaru tipi. They are worth it for back country type pack in hunting but if it’s going near the truck save yourself a ton of money and get a cabelas tent or something along those lines. The SO and Kifaru tents tear easy too. Floorless sucks ass too, the only benefit to it is weight savings packing in. I just picked up this tent this week to start using for my fly in moose hunts. I currently have a bigger cabelas tent that has stood the test of time but it weighs almost 80 lbs and is now a truck tent..

There’s a nice vent at the top of this tent to solve the condensation issues. FTR, I hate almost all things cabelas but their tents and meat grinders are not bad…

*edit I see you already bought the tent, you won’t be disappointed *
Like you said, I already bought it. I got a shipping notification this morning. I have a solo tent for getting away from the truck and 2 other tents. I just wanted something with a little extra space that wasn’t a pain to set up by myself.

I really like my Cimarron. I have a Nest for it too that helps with condensation and vermin. I usually take another tent unless I want the stove though since the floorless can be harder to set up in certain places, like the desert. My stove is TiGoat and has been flawless but there are probably better options now than when I bought mine.

View attachment 47547
I ordered the nest also. I will have to check out the Tigoat. ??

Have the 8 man, I love it! The stove is a must.
I will definitely get the stove. A buddy has a small wall tent with a stove that we have used in Montana & UT. The Montana hunt would have been rough without that stove. Even if it only gets used every once in awhile, it’s worth the money to me.

View attachment 47547
So I just went online to check out the TiGoat stoves & it said they went out of business. It said on some forum that the owner passed away b

So I just went online to check out the TiGoat stoves & it said they went out of business. It said on some forum that the owner passed away b
Dang I didn’t know that. I have a TiGoat, not a bad one.

Seek Outside used to make a stove, not sure if they still do but it was nice. Kifaru has a couple options too. Since it’s a truck based tent you can also find a better quality small stove. Google is your friend.

So I was able to try out the new tipi. Overall I like it. I wish they had put the stove jack on one side or the other, but not the opposite side of the door. It appears it will be an issue when I do buy a stove for it unless I buy a few 45 degree stove pipes to offset it to the side a little.
3B20C170-9B27-49C8-B409-BBEDB4985104.jpeg

I went back & forth on a decision for a stove. I just ordered the small Nomad stove from Winnerwell for the tipi. I bought 2 45 degree angled pipes to offset the footprint off to the side slightly inside the tipi. I’m excited to try it out this November. ?? It will be a few months from now when I get to use it, but I will share some pics when it gets delivered.

I ordered my Winnerwell stove & received it along with the goodies I ordered for it. I am extremely impressed with the craftsmanship & the thought that went into this thing. It is very well built with quality materials. I’m excited to try it out this November.
25700396-39AD-4C18-80B5-DA3D42A981BD.jpeg

I bought the small Nomad. It’s an all stainless construction & weighs 14 lbs. they have a few titanium ones that are lighter but since I wanted more of a base camp set up I went with the stainless because it appeared to be substantially better built. I’m really impressed with this thing.

That’s not a camp stove......... it’s a work of art. I’d like to see the glam-tent that baby’s going in.

Once again, you proved an eternal truth: For 80% more, you can go 1st Class.

Good on ya 3T. I’m green with envy.

That’s not a camp stove......... it’s a work of art. I’d like to see the glam-tent that baby’s going in.

Once again, you proved an eternal truth: For 80% more, you can go 1st Class.

Good on ya 3T. I’m green with envy.
Like I said, I’m super impressed. The quality is top notch. My wife said that I was acting like a little kid at Christmas when I was taking everything out of the box. Lol
I had posted a pic of my tipi. I bought a Cimarron lite, but now wishing I had gone up one size larger. I used it a few weekends ago on my nephews antelope hunt. So far I’m happy with the set up.
D78A5783-34FB-4D48-9E1A-617733456956.jpeg
We had pretty high winds, so we tuck camp inside some trees for shelter.

Like I said, I’m super impressed. The quality is top notch. My wife said that I was acting like a little kid at Christmas when I was taking everything out of the box. Lol
I had posted a pic of my tipi. I bought a Cimarron lite, but now wishing I had gone up one size larger. I used it a few weekends ago on my nephews antelope hunt. So far I’m happy with the set up.
View attachment 50106We had pretty high winds, so we tuck camp inside some trees for shelter.
Nice...... you’ll stay warm, for sure. I will say this, things sure aren’t like they were back in the “good old days”, when a bail of straw and an old oily canvas was all there was between freezing to death and surviving the night.

Good times for certain.

Nice...... you’ll stay warm, for sure. I will say this, things sure aren’t like they were back in the “good old days”, when a bail of straw and an old oily canvas was all there was between freezing to death and surviving the night.

Good times for certain.
Understood… I have endured it all throughout the years from crappy hunting boots & clothes to sleeping on rocks with a cheap sleeping bag. I thoroughly enjoy camping for recreation & hunting but I have definitely attempted to improve the comforts while I’m out there. Now if I could just keep the coyotes from howling & waking me up 7 or 8 times per night… lol

Understood… I have endured it all throughout the years from crappy hunting boots & clothes to sleeping on rocks with a cheap sleeping bag. I thoroughly enjoy camping for recreation & hunting but I have definitely attempted to improve the comforts while I’m out there. Now if I could just keep the coyotes from howling & waking me up 7 or 8 times per night… lol
The midnight radio! There’s worse things to keep you awake.??

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom