Seeking resident hunting partner

TrophyQuest

Im a non resident that drew a region h tag and had a resident lined up to go with me..long story short, he wont be able to make it. I have been scouting the area several times already and have some great bucks spotted. In need of a hunting partner to accompany me and hunt in the wilderness for the opening week..any body want to go hunting? Btw. I will have experienced llamas and all the gear for a great camp and adventure!

Are you allowed to go into the wilderness and scout? Be careful out there:)

Great offer for someone.

Always hated that dang rule. Grew up in Wyoming, moved to AZ but hunted there many, many times since. Lucky dad lived and hunted there, so never presented a problem when we chose wilderness areas. We drew H as well, but will not be in wilderness. Hope you find someone...

Great offer for someone.
Thanks! Ya, anybody can hike, camp, fish even hunt certainly things in wilderness. Just when deer elk, or trophy species is involved, u have to have a resident guide or professional guide.

Great offer for someone.
You can, as a nonresident, go into wilderness areas and do everything but harvest a big game animal.
You can hike ,scout ,camp,hunt small game and coyotes.
Just no big game......

You can, as a nonresident, go into wilderness areas and do everything but harvest a big game animal.
Just no big game......
Yep. Think: Guides and Outfitters economic support law. But, like most things in Wyoming, they were pretty thoughtful about the law- thus the exception for "resident guides" which allows friends and family to hunt along with each other without hiring a professional guide.

Just no big game......
I was joking guys, but still be careful and have fun in the wilderness! Would be something if Wyoming said you couldn't go there! Might just have to hunt those wilderness coyotes one day.

It just recognizes your NR tag.
It’s likely the smell and sound.

(Wyoming Grizzly Bear Notice)
In light of the rising frequency of human/grizzly bear conflicts, the Wyoming Department of Game and Fish is advising hikers, hunters, and fishermen to take extra precautions and keep alert for bears while in the field. We advise that outdoorsmen wear noisy little bells on their clothing so as not to startle the bears that aren't expecting them. We also advise outdoorsmen to carry pepper spray with them in case of an encounter with a bear.
It is a good idea to watch out for fresh signs of bear activity. Outdoorsmen and especially Non-Resident hunters should recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear poop. Black bear poop is smaller and contains a lot of berry seeds and squirrel fur. Grizzly bear poop has little bells in it and smells like pepper spray.:cool::cool::cool:

It’s likely the smell and sound.

(Wyoming Grizzly Bear Notice)
In light of the rising frequency of human/grizzly bear conflicts, the Wyoming Department of Game and Fish is advising hikers, hunters, and fishermen to take extra precautions and keep alert for bears while in the field. We advise that outdoorsmen wear noisy little bells on their clothing so as not to startle the bears that aren't expecting them. We also advise outdoorsmen to carry pepper spray with them in case of an encounter with a bear.
It is a good idea to watch out for fresh signs of bear activity. Outdoorsmen and especially Non-Resident hunters should recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear poop. Black bear poop is smaller and contains a lot of berry seeds and squirrel fur. Grizzly bear poop has little bells in it and smells like pepper spray.:cool::cool::cool:

Better get 2,,,residents ?

I tell you what, I've gotten familiar with a couple of WY residents who hunt where I've been deer hunting in grizz country the past ten years or so. Just the fact that they aren't grizzly **** yet makes me believe 8 year old Hawaiian kids should be allowed to hunt deer or elk in the wilderness. I'm sure they're the exception though. Or maybe the exceptional ones?:unsure:?

Last edited:

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom