Seen This?

BenHuntn

I just received this in email from a friend.

ACTION ALERT:
YOUR HUNTING OPPORTUNITY IN WYOMING IS THREATENED!​

A bill has been introduced to the Wyoming senate that would drastically reduce your nonresident hunting opportunities. We urge you to please send comments TODAY on this important issue.

Senate File 103 would slash nonresident hunting licenses by up to HALF and dramatically increase license costs. The number of nonresident licenses would be reduced to just 10% of the total allocation - that's about half of the current number for species like deer and antelope.

This would severely limit your ability to draw a nonresident hunting license in the future. And it undermines the significant investment that so many nonresident hunters have made in preference points.

What's more, SF103 would have a devastating impact on local communities that depend on hunting tourism. Each year, our hunters spend money at hotels, restaurants, sporting goods stores, grocery stores and gas stations. The increased license costs outlined in this bill would not make up for that loss of tourism within our communities.

We urge you to please contact members of the Senate Travel, Recreation and Wildlife Committee TODAY! The committee will hear this bill tomorrow, Wednesday March 4th at 8am.

In your comments, please be respectful and let the senators know how this bill would hurt your plans to hunt Wyoming in the future. Please let them know that you've invested in preference points. And remind them of the economic impact that you bring to Wyoming each time you visit.

Thank you for taking a few minutes out of your day to comment on this issue! It would have a terrible impact on your hunting opportunities in Wyoming.

Sincerely,

Scott, Angie, and the Table Mountain Crew​
mail

No! Where did this come from? Amazing that it hasn’t been posted on any forum! Those sneaky residents trying to take MY tags!

I find it funny that everyone who whines about the wilderness bill are now all the sudden doing the biding of outfitters in our state. IT is funny.

WY will go 90/10 it is going to happen just a matter of time.

I feel sorry for NR hunters, but ecstatic for the residents...

Over due!! Hopefully passes sooner than later, it really needs to happen especially for moose bighorn and mnt goat. Sorry TMO and WYOGA but when the state has catered to outfitters for so long just seems f’d up. An example the really grabs my attention is sheep area 24 usually 1 tag available and G&F flip flops from res/ nonres not cool should be a resident tag every year. Hopefully no nonres tags for areas less than 10 tags available!!

I just received this in email from a friend.

ACTION ALERT:
YOUR HUNTING OPPORTUNITY IN WYOMING IS THREATENED!​

A bill has been introduced to the Wyoming senate that would drastically reduce your nonresident hunting opportunities. We urge you to please send comments TODAY on this important issue.

Senate File 103 would slash nonresident hunting licenses by up to HALF and dramatically increase license costs. The number of nonresident licenses would be reduced to just 10% of the total allocation - that's about half of the current number for species like deer and antelope.

This would severely limit your ability to draw a nonresident hunting license in the future. And it undermines the significant investment that so many nonresident hunters have made in preference points.

What's more, SF103 would have a devastating impact on local communities that depend on hunting tourism. Each year, our hunters spend money at hotels, restaurants, sporting goods stores, grocery stores and gas stations. The increased license costs outlined in this bill would not make up for that loss of tourism within our communities.

We urge you to please contact members of the Senate Travel, Recreation and Wildlife Committee TODAY! The committee will hear this bill tomorrow, Wednesday March 4th at 8am.

In your comments, please be respectful and let the senators know how this bill would hurt your plans to hunt Wyoming in the future. Please let them know that you've invested in preference points. And remind them of the economic impact that you bring to Wyoming each time you visit.

Thank you for taking a few minutes out of your day to comment on this issue! It would have a terrible impact on your hunting opportunities in Wyoming.

Sincerely,

Scott, Angie, and the Table Mountain Crew​

mail

Yes I got the same one just days ago

I received the same email from TMO. And I emailed those Wyoming legislators asking them to oppose to 90/10 split and increased NR license fees. I am currently currently sitting on 14 elk preference points and 16 bighorn sheep preference points. I have applied for an elk tag this year and will probably draw it. But I’m still a ways out on the sheep tag. For my own selfish reasons, I would like to see things left as they are until I can go sheep hunting. As a NR, I don’t have a lot of confidence that my emails will do much good. Generally, legislators are going to listen to the people that can vote for them.

I visit Wyoming on a regular basis and spend a considerable amount of money there. I really don’t think the state can afford to run off the non-residents without it severely impacting their broad economy.

I am sure the Wyoming legislature will do what they think is right for their constituents. And if it doesn’t go my way, if I choose to, I can find a new state to spend my money in.

I certainly don’t mean to offend any of you lucky people that are Wyoming residents.

”Money goes where it is loved the most.”

Mackey

Well it can’t all be about the money, at some point the herd must be taken into consideration. And let’s be honest, if Wyoming is the best place to hunt (even if it is not as good as it used to be) NR’s will pay the higher prices and live with longer wait times for tags. Or they will move to Wyoming which would actually be a bigger boom for their economy than the money from hunting.

Small businesses will take a big hit if this passes when they are already hurting from the Covid. And you will see a large increase in resident tag cost down the road to make up for it. Nobody really likes to see NRs when they're hunting but the timing for this couldn't be worse.

Small businesses will take a big hit if this passes when they are already hurting from the Covid. And you will see a large increase in resident tag cost down the road to make up for it. Nobody really likes to see NRs when they're hunting but the timing for this couldn't be worse.
No, actually, they wont...

Pure 90-10 for all species would be a total revenue loss to the GF of about 1.6 million.

Total loss of tags for NR's would be primarily deer and around 3,500 total tags.

Raising just Resident Fishing licenses $3 would generate $222,000.

Raising each Resident full priced tag by $5 would generate $743,000

Raise NR doe/fawn deer and pronghorn...$16 per tag and 90-10 is revenue neutral...

Stop the lying...

No, actually, they wont...

Pure 90-10 for all species would be a total revenue loss to the GF of about 1.6 million.

Total loss of tags for NR's would be primarily deer and around 3,500 total tags.

Raising just Resident Fishing licenses $3 would generate $222,000.

Raising each Resident full priced tag by $5 would generate $743,000

Raise NR doe/fawn deer and pronghorn...$16 per tag and 90-10 is revenue neutral...

Stop the lying...
Not sure who's lying!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom