Sekiu Wa. resort may sell to State

D

Dmanmastertracker

Those of you that fish Sekiu Wa. may be interested to know the State is currently negotiating a potential sale of Olson's resort to buy as a State Park and preserve saltwater access. This would be a great thing, they are taking public comment for sixty days.

D

I don't support local, state or federal purchase of anything. Period. Commerce is for the private sector.

JB

That does sound good! We use to fish during the father's day weekend at Sekiu. Havent done it in a few years but would like to again. Use to be some good true cod and lings around there as well as salmon.

Eric

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

There sure is Eric!

State purchases I have no problem with, our State budget's for maintenance are much greater than the budget Olson's has worked with over their ownership, the resort is completely run down and has a lot of issues. Anyone who's been there would know that any upgrade to the primary launching facility and marina in town would be positive. The primary driver behing this purchase is that new private ownership of the marina portion may not allow public access, this would crush that community and end some fabulous fishing. I'd take public access over no access any day.

Im all for Olsens being bought by the state. That place is a run down dump. We stayed there a few years ago in one of the cabins. The place was filthy and there were bath towels on the floor that someone had obviously used to wipe their arse with. That ruined that place for me.
MS

Haahaaha... Funny that you mentioned the cabins! We stayed in them one time and they were so nasty that we payed to moor the boat overnight at the dock and slept in the boat and the truck! One time we rented a house at the top of the hill (there were a dozen of us including the wives and girlfriends) for 3 days. I cant remember what it ran us but it was worth every penny after the cabin experience!!!
Eric

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

LAST EDITED ON Mar-20-07 AT 06:38AM (MST)[p]That's a great purchase. I'm glad to see your tax $$ going to a project that will mean a lot to our kids and their kids. One day it may be impossible for people who don't own the property around the water to gain access. I know here in Montana the private property guys keep trying to kick us off the rivers saying that they own the river so therefore we cant fish in them. . .

"I don't support local, state or federal purchase of anything. Period. Commerce is for the private sector."
-- Author needs lesson in western values --

My own Olson's horror story. -My wife and I went on our first trip together before we got married to fish silvers in September. I caught the worst cold I ever had on the way there, so I called ahead with assurances the room was ready. We got there and there were dirty dishes all over, half eaten food, dirty unmade sheets on the bed, dirty floor, etc.. We then went out fishing in the rain and my cold was getting worse, so we went back to the room and I was going to take a hot shower. NO HOT WATER! I stomped down to the office, at this point my voice was gone from my cold, so I'm shouting at the office person in a wisper with spit flying... My wife was laugning so hard she was in tears. In all honesty, I never would stay there again...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom