Senate control ??

D

D13er

Has Obama asked Judd Gregg to head commerce because he is the best man for the job or does a replacement senator appointed by a democrat governor giving dems absolute control of the senate play into it??

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I hear he is a good man for the job, so I would just leave it at that, who knows maybe the gov will appoint a moderate republican to replace him.

I never knew Piper had a sense of humor. Of course it is to take control of the Senate. He will be replaced by a Dem appointee, unless Obama specificly intervenes and even then his term is up in 2010 and every projection shows a Democrat would most likely win. Look at the giddy faces of Gregory, Stephanopolous, and Couric when they talked about it. Their dream come true.

you must be way out there to think those three are out to get you, and really there is no way the republican party deserves to have any power after what they have done to America.

Gregg has been offered the job he hasn't been drafted.

If the republicans are so stupid they'd give up any shred of power they have left by not trying to keep Gregg from taking the job they deserve to lose it. but you have a point, given their track record just how smart can they be.

Piper, typical post. I never said they were out to get anyone, but they have political opinions and they show. As for Republicans doing all the bad..... I'll just say that your type of mindset is the problem with this country. Between tax cheats, bonus takers, both parties in control, etc. it sure seems there is enough blame to go around on each side of the circle. You can go on blaming everyone else, typical of anyone with their political blinders on.

the culmination of years of right wing mantra, deregulate, deregulate, trickle down, don't do anything to control health care spending, more military spending, never enough of that, deficit spending always good, instead of foreign competetion, lets subsidize the drug companys. it goes on and on. You see in the past I listened well

LAST EDITED ON Feb-02-09 AT 12:50PM (MST)[p]
Piper,

It is 2009, the Democrats have had control of the House and Senate since they were sworn in January 2007. Two full years of control of both chambers. Have you seen any thing that says they boldly moved to reign in any of the things you mentioned?

The deficits that are going to be spent during just the first year of the Obama administration exceeds anything GWB proposed. The drug companies are still printing money and healt care spending is set for the largest increase in the past 10 years. The winds of an inflationary conflagration are being stoked by the leftwing and that fire is going to destroy the middle class of this country.

If deficit spending is bad during Republican administration how can even higher deficits be better during a Democrat administration?

The left wing mantra of "stimulate, stimulate, stimulate" is as dumb as Cheney saying "Deficits don't matter".

Neither party can claim moral supriority on many issues. Obama is on the right path internationally, IMO. Engaging Iran and Syria in frank honest discussions will yield alot of positives, it will marginalize the radicals in their own countries so he deserves respect for having the balls to do that.

His economics will do more destroy the middle class then anything GWB did during his 8 years. Watch as the prices we pay for everything skyrocket in the coming years. Obama will wish he had GWB's easy button for controlling the price of gasoline and oil.

We all get it: you love the left and hate the right. If either side had all the answers they would always be in power.

Nemont

How bout we split the country in two and those liberal left wackos can run their own country - let's say we call it
"Liberalexico" with their own ACLU twisted version of a constitution.

Ths smart conservative and moderates will run their own country let's call it "America" with the constitution used as the founders originally had written and intended.

I wonder which country most people would want to live in 10 years? Hhmmm !

If I remember correctly it was Carter, Clinton, Franks and Dodd who deregulated mortgages and forced banks to make bad loans to poor people and illegal immigrants. I think that one has something to do with our current economic meltdown. Main issue to me is how stupid voters are who feel we should have an absolute majority in one party with no checks and balances in place. Either party becomes power drunk and irresponsible when that happens. Oh well, let the democrats force through this spending bill and watch the economy continue to tank then we will balance things out in 2010.

Well.....that didn't work out all that well did it?

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

That's what Obama gets for trying to make the republicans feel like they matter, he should just pick Nader for the job and nobody will be happy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom