Serious Hunting Question

RockyDog

Over the past several years ive noticed that most hunters that come to Montana from out-of-state wear these whussy-looking velvet fedora aussi-oilskin HATS?

Just what is the deal? Why dont they either wear a real cowboy hat or just a wool hunting hat? Is this like the secret handshake that says, "Yeah, im a sucker who just paid $75 dollar for a worthless hat when I got off the plane?"

Any thoughts?

p.s. if your unsure what whussy hat im speaking of its the same one you can see flyfishermen wearing in yellowstone park while they are decked out in cabelas garb and swinging a $1,200 rod holding a $500 dollar wicker creel with a 10-inch cutthroat in it.

:)

Those guys got hosed, I only paid 29.95 for my velvet fedora aussie oilskin hat.

Mike
at235.gif

Are you just taking notice of this Dawg? I sold out and left Montana when the Californian invasion started. But I did buy a couple of those fly rods with the profit of the sale. I still gotta pile of cash left, I'll go out and buy a truck load of those hats and burn them for ya if it will make you feel better.

Have a great day there in LA North

They just see those fudge packer fence hunters on TV shows wearing them and wanna be just likem. And you are just bein' prejudiced against homos. They got a right to hunt and fish too. They specially like that old saloon in Missoula with liquor in the front and poker in the rear. I think Taulman wears one of those hats too. LMAO.

Glen......that old saloon is Stockmans bar in Missoula.....LOL.....I still have a hat from a trip there in 1982.....LOL.....I guess I have overlooked these fedora's Rocky is talking about...... Allen Taylor......

wow, and i thought i was the only one who noticed this. it's hard not to laugh. just got back from great falls on a hunt and my son-in-law and i found a lost hunter wearing one, suprised he didn't have a $1,000 gps. don't worry though i am from wyoming and we get our share down here as well, your not alone.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-30-04 AT 11:49AM (MST)[p]Can't say much for wearing one of those hats hunting, because they are not practical for me to hunt in. However, guess I am a whussy, because I have, for the most part, traded in my cowboy hat for a Aussie style one. Why? Because after I started gittin skin cancer on my face I realized that they protect me from the sun better. And I am a country boy that owns and operates a cattle ranch in Texas, so don't confuse me with some city boy. But then, I never have really cared what other people thought of me. I just use what works best for me.

Since your title says this is a serious question, I gave you a serious answer.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

hey now RD,

guys, i happen to operate a chain of kiosks that sells those whussy-looking velvet fedora aussi-oilskin HATS in the parking lots of the four major regional airports here in this state and i make some darn fine cash every summer and fall...so don't knock 'em x(

i am just doing my part and providing yet another service for the tourists, which happen to be the industry second only to ag in the crippled economy of the big sky country (thanks judy:*).

and RD, get back to work...your productivity better not fall below 4 hats per hour or i'll send you packing to beg for your last job cleanin' toilets at mickeyD's!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom