SF0088 & WY PP Ponzi scheme fails for M/S ($3.6M NR dollars annually)

So at any point in time nripepi could you have drawn a license for either species ? Meaning you had the PPs to draw a license in some area, not just your chosen area(s)?
If so, sounds like you had opportunities to draw but chose not to. Wonder how that would play out in a lawsuit.

So at any point in time nripepi could you have drawn a license for either species ? Meaning you had the PPs to draw a license in some area, not just your chosen area(s)?
If so, sounds like you had opportunities to draw but chose not to. Wonder how that would play out in a lawsuit.
That is a good question. Yes, I could have drawn moose, but no I could not have drawn sheep. I chose not to apply for a lower demand moose unit as that was my choice and I was not worried about it as time was on my side and I was holding my place in line and if nothing changed, could draw anytime and was waiting until the kids were a bit older and could tag a long. I might get a tag in the next four years, but everyone chasing the top units are going to bail so that is probably not likely. I think my beef mainly is focused on the sheep tag as that is the high price tag that you need big money to go out and hunt in Canada, Alaska or Mexico and I am not willing to mortgage the house or the kids college fund to do that.

The regulations state very clearly you lose your points after not applying 2 consecutive years. No points should be reinstated...snooze you lose.
The regulations also state very clearly that 75% of the tags go to the preference point draw and have stated that for 3 decades.

Systems have changed in Arizona, Colorado, and Montana since I've been applying.

None of those state changes resulted in an individual like @nripepi losing >$5,000.

AZ did something with some similarities in 2016 with the 5/5 split but NR allocation didn't change, max point holders retained a pathway and the dollars were minimal.

No state has ever pulled this off on a $50M scale. Wyoming has a set a new bar.

No state has ever pulled this off on a $50M scale.
Pretty sure $50M is 18x larger than reality.

The total possible costs of every NR harmed is $2.79M. That includes every sportsperson for both Moose and Sheep who ever stood a chance of getting a license in the current PP system. That includes PP costs for 22 years and associated CC fees for the PP.

Of course, there is some value in those points in a BP system, but no credit was given to offset- so this is the absolute maximum loss.

Everyone else who bought points is advantaged by a change to BP.

It does not include application for licenses- because the PP to BP change would not effect if you might have drawn a tag before.

The total possible costs of every NR harmed is $2.79M. That includes every sportsperson for both Moose and Sheep who ever stood a chance of getting a license in the current PP system.
I suspect by current PP system you are talking about the current 90/10 and true PP?

Keep in mind that @nripepi and others were drawn in with 25% NR sheep allocation.

It is the combination of 90/10 and BP-squared that caused this unfortunate problem. Not BP-squared alone.

The total possible costs of every NR harmed is $2.79M. That includes every sportsperson for both Moose and Sheep who ever stood a chance of getting a license in the current PP system. That includes PP costs for 22 years and associated CC fees for the PP.

Of course, there is some value in those points in a BP system, but no credit was given to offset- so this is the absolute maximum loss.

It does not include application for licenses- because the PP to BP change would not effect if you might have drawn a tag before.
That math seems a little off, unless you're excluding anyone with less than 20 points? Even though I truly don't care all that much at this point. And ultimately this argument is not going to matter. I know that currently they pull in more than 3 million a year on point fees from NR for those 2 species. With over 10,000+ NRs buying points for each species. Twenty thousand times a 150.00 is 3 mil. Per year. It was less than that up through 2017, and then in 2018 they boosted the point fee on those two species to 150.00 each.

That math seems a little off, unless you're excluding anyone with less than 20 points? Even though I truly don't care all that much at this point. And ultimately this argument is not going to matter. I know that currently they pull in more than 3 million a year on point fees from NR for those 2 species. With over 10,000+ NRs buying points for each species. Twenty thousand times a 150.00 is 3 mil. Per year. It was less than that up through 2017, and then in 2018 they boosted the point fee on those two species to 150.00 each.
Looked at total costs for 22 years. 400 moose and 200 sheep. The 4 year extension of the current system clears 150 or so. I suppose you could assume people would live longer (38 points makes for some pretty old hunters), or permits would climb, but it's pretty accurate, I think.

Not taking away from the issue (I get there is one), but folks would really have to stretch hard to make those numbers higher.

As for 75-25 to 90-10, I did not include that. Seems like they can allocate what they desire. Just changing the system to BP is all it addresses.

There is time value of money with inflation, age and health of point holders to take into count. I would be 60 years old with 36 points, there are a bunch of people hunting sheep in their 70s right now. 22 might be a decent number for sheep, but probably 18 or less for moose.

I think what is missing is the actual value of the tag, 25-40K for sheep, and the fact that there for every 1 non-resident that has a beef, there are 9 residents that do as well who the majority will not hunt sheep in Wyoming now that were on the cusp of drawing.

If I was advising Wyoming, I would recommend paying off anyone that wants their money back or going the Arizona route of 50/50 as Buzz suggested was fair. I bet they only lose 500K paying off those that don't want to convert versus a risk that the value of those points would bring on an open market if you drew the tag and could sell it.

135 tags per year x 20 years x 25K per tag = $67.5 million

That's one way to look at it. Not sure where you got 135 tags per year- must have been at 75-25...
75% of 180 total tags is 135 sheep tags have been issued per year the last 2 years to those with the most preference points. I think this change to 0 tags allotted to the highest preference points affects people on average 20 years out if not longer depending on age. I will be 71 in 25 years and could have 47 points and could be able to hunt sheep.

135 tags x 20 years x $25K = $67.5 million

Here is some food for thought from HuntinFool last year. No more, just a way to look at who might have some sort of beef prior to 90/10 being implemented and the bonus squared:

"Assuming things stay the way they are now and using a 15-point holder as an example, here are some numbers that may be helpful. If you hold 15 sheep points going into 2022, there are 2,554 non-residents with as many or more points than you. Given the fact that Wyoming has issued 39 preference non- resident sheep tags a year over the last few seasons, it would take 65 years to get to the front of the line. Fortunately, the outlook isn’t quite that bleak after accounting for another roughly 105 non-residents within that point range who are dropping out each year. This means about 5.5% of non-residents with 15 or more sheep points are either being drawn or are dropping out each year. If those numbers hold steady, you should be looking at another 18 years to be a max point holder for Wyoming sheep."

Gotcha- u r combining 90-10 and PP.
I am just taking 75% of the tags and giving them to those with most points as the law states will be done for the last 30 years.

I cannot find the Task Force survey results on this topic where they say they had 9,973 people respond to the survey and 60% were in favor of changing to bonus squared with 40% against. I will keep digging.

I found one survey they did for the November 28, 2021 meeting where they had 29 comments on it and then found a survey talking about bonus squared for residents for Elk, Deer and Antelope.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xLumTv8MYd6-FOhE_7RsHaUqVf3jDf3_GR0xDG00lZk/edit#gid=0

Can anyone point me to the results of the survey with 9,973 replies?

There is time value of money with inflation, age and health of point holders to take into count. I would be 60 years old with 36 points, there are a bunch of people hunting sheep in their 70s right now. 22 might be a decent number for sheep, but probably 18 or less for moose.

I think what is missing is the actual value of the tag, 25-40K for sheep, and the fact that there for every 1 non-resident that has a beef, there are 9 residents that do as well who the majority will not hunt sheep in Wyoming now that were on the cusp of drawing.

If I was advising Wyoming, I would recommend paying off anyone that wants their money back or going the Arizona route of 50/50 as Buzz suggested was fair. I bet they only lose 500K paying off those that don't want to convert versus a risk that the value of those points would bring on an open market if you drew the tag and could sell it.

135 tags per year x 20 years x 25K per tag = $67.5 million
Get it through your head, NO ONE IS GETTING A REFUND!
You payed for points, you got points. The value of the points was never guaranteed.

Get it through your head, NO ONE IS GETTING A REFUND!
You payed for points, you got points. The value of the points was never guaranteed.
You are probably correct that there will be no refunds, but they stated clearly what you were buying. They defined the type of point you bought as a preference point and explained in detail how the preference point system works, how if you stay in long enough you will draw a tag. It is all on their website in clear, easy to understand english.

Sorry, I am on tilt with my bighorn sheep tag I have been planning on totally gone and having to fork over $150 for the rest of my life trying to draw. I can't believe residents with 20 points are not upset about this, I am not sure that many even know about it. I have read a bunch of the public comments to the task force stating exactly this...it is not fair to those in the game the longest, keep it the same, modify it to 50/50...and none of their public comments had anywhere near 10,000 votes. Maybe that is out there somewhere, but I can't find it on the Task Force webpage with all of the other comments.

@nripepi
Fair……. Life ain’t fair. The current system is not fair to anyone just getting in the game or even anyone with 0-15 points. It’s not fair to my son, and I have been buying points for him since he was eligible.
It’s only “fair” because it favors you. You had opportunity to use your points and you chose not to. That’s totally on you. Fairness has nothing to do with it.

Gotcha- u r combining 90-10 and PP.

Exactly. 90-10 on Big 5 necessitated BP-squared on the NR side. And residents are gonna get BP squared also now.

They work as a package to effectuate the bait and switch. But through sloppy legislating, WY passed 90/10 in the 2022 session and SF0088 in 2023 as a clean up measure. That is why WGF had to shrug their shoulders all year when asked difficult questions.

BP-squared would not have happened if 90/10 on Big 5 hadn't happened first.

BP-squared would not have happened if 90/10 on Big 5 hadn't happened first.
You're wrong about that.

Squared bonus points was brought up at the same time as 90-10 at the task force.

There were 2 very vocal proponents of the squared bonus points, Joe Schaffer and Pat Crank. They also thought the current preference point system wasn't working.

Even if 90-10 would have failed, there would have been a huge push to get to squared bonus points. Fact, and I'm not forced to guess because I attended the initial few meetings in person. I also testified in favor of 90-10, keeping the preference point system and going 50-50 random/points. Sy Gilliland with WOGA also testified to the same. During a break, he asked me before I testified if I would support 90-10, keep preference, and go 50-50.

He still wants that right now and he and I are both working on it.

Squared points were a concession to Schaffer...another fact.

So I’m a simple fella, all these numbers and abbreviations are more than my simple mind can calculate. I have 16 points for sheep, should I be mad or happy for them to be squared? Thank you in advance.

@nripepi
Fair……. Life ain’t fair. The current system is not fair to anyone just getting in the game or even anyone with 0-15 points. It’s not fair to my son, and I have been buying points for him since he was eligible.
It’s only “fair” because it favors you. You had opportunity to use your points and you chose not to. That’s totally on you. Fairness has nothing to do with it.
Wow. I was okay with 90/10 and 50/50 even though it would add 10-20 years for me getting a tag. I think 50 preference/50 bonus like Utah and Arizona is the most fair to all. Your son is better off with 25% random them 100% bonus squared for decades.

Tell me, what you would think if you or your son had 20+ points? You would be totally fine with a huge change?

And no I did not choose not to draw, really close, but 1 point behind.

You're wrong about that.

Squared bonus points was brought up at the same time as 90-10 at the task force.

There were 2 very vocal proponents of the squared bonus points, Joe Schaffer and Pat Crank. They also thought the current preference point system wasn't working.

Even if 90-10 would have failed, there would have been a huge push to get to squared bonus points. Fact, and I'm not forced to guess because I attended the initial few meetings in person. I also testified in favor of 90-10, keeping the preference point system and going 50-50 random/points. Sy Gilliland with WOGA also testified to the same. During a break, he asked me before I testified if I would support 90-10, keep preference, and go 50-50.

He still wants that right now and he and I are both working on it.

Squared points were a concession to Schaffer...another fact.
Thank you Buzz. I have sent a bunch of emails and said it is on behalf of the residents.

It should be obvious to anyone that regulations change and there is no assurance of future value or use of points. Buyer beware.

Yep. MT had a preference draw. Scrapped it. Went to bonus. Then bonus squared. NM had a preference system and scrapped it entirely. AZ has messed around with the preference and nonresident quotas/caps multiple times. It's pretty much assured that when enough have nots complain about being locked out until they outlive everyone ahead, the departments will make a change.

So I’m a simple fella, all these numbers and abbreviations are more than my simple mind can calculate. I have 16 points for sheep, should I be mad or happy for them to be squared? Thank you in advance.
I assume you're a non-resident? If so,

Reasons to be "mad" might be...

-Assuming the "5-year grace period" happens, you'll need to buy a 150.00 point every year for the next 5 years with no possibility to draw a ram license during that time.

-At your points level, your odds to draw with squared bonus points under the new 90/10 split will likely be no better than your odds were previously in the old random draw.

-The new proposed bonus system is designed to keep new applicants pouring into the system, meaning draw odds for all will continue to be watered down.

Reasons to be "happy" might be...

After waiting 5 more years, and with preference eliminated, you'll be eligible to draw any ram unit that is available to NR's. Prior to the current proposed changes, you could've only drawn one of the 4 units issuing random licenses.

Wow. I was okay with 90/10 and 50/50 even though it would add 10-20 years for me getting a tag. I think 50 preference/50 bonus like Utah and Arizona is the most fair to all. Your son is better off with 25% random them 100% bonus squared for decades.

Tell me, what you would think if you or your son had 20+ points? You would be totally fine with a huge change?

And no I did not choose not to draw, really close, but 1 point behind.
I disagree. I hope I moves to 100% random and squared bonus points.
I would tell him the same thing. You bought points, he received points, the systems in place in the west for hunting are subject to change at any time. Deal with it and quit whining.

Yep. MT had a preference draw. Scrapped it. Went to bonus. Then bonus squared. NM had a preference system and scrapped it entirely. AZ has messed around with the preference and nonresident quotas/caps multiple times. It's pretty much assured that when enough have nots complain about being locked out until they outlive everyone ahead, the departments will make a change.

Those old Montana and NM PP systems were both situations where the user got an almost free PP for having applied the prior year.

I see that as a different situation than the one where a state sold "preference" at $150+ per PP.

If WY had kept their PPs at $7, this would be a non-issue for me.

Those old Montana and NM PP systems were both situations where the user got an almost free PP for having applied the prior year.

I see that as a different situation than the one where a state sold "preference" at $150+ per PP.

If WY had kept their PPs at $7, this would be a non-issue for me.
How much were points in Montana in the 70's and WTF does that have to do with a system being totally scrapped?

Fire up your lawsuit and quit flapping your gums.

With you, when all is said and done, there will be way more said than done.

Broken record.

You cannot live long enough to draw under the PP system with 16 points. In current system, you only can draw in random.

In a BP system, your 16 points will give you some chance.
You don't know that, and in any system there should be a random component.

I was told when I was 5 years behind max points in Wyoming's preference system I wouldn't draw a preference sheep tag.

Wrong.....and glad I didn't listen to the turds that don't even apply.

Too many variables to say never.

Any reasonable assumptions would say never. I suppose 80% of people above him could drop out. Or sheep numbers explode 5X. Or Wyoming changes to a 50-50 R-NR ration in the future. So "never" is relative, I guess.

It's far less likely any of those things will happen than the odds of drawing a 16 point in a BP system. Which will have pretty poor odds, of course.

You don't know that, and in any system there should be a random component.

I was told when I was 5 years behind max points in Wyoming's preference system I wouldn't draw a preference sheep tag.

Wrong.....and glad I didn't listen to the turds that don't even apply.

Too many variables to say never.
It all depends on age and health and applying. I think those with 15-16 have a decent chance if they are in it for the long haul.

I disagree. I hope I moves to 100% random and squared bonus points.
I would tell him the same thing. You bought points, he received points, the systems in place in the west for hunting are subject to change at any time. Deal with it and quit whining.
Your son will likely never draw a ram tag in bonus squared. He could easily outlive everyone if he started young in a preference system. Have you drawn a ram tag? If so, how?

There are 2,137 people in front of 16pt holders. That's 140 years at 15 permits in PP. Man, a WHOLE lot would have to happen for a 16 pt holder to make it to the top.

Any reasonable assumptions would say never. I suppose 80% of people above him could drop out. Or sheep numbers explode 5X. Or Wyoming changes to a 50-50 R-NR ration in the future. So "never" is relative, I guess.

It's far less likely any of those things will happen than the odds of drawing a 16 point in a BP system. Which will have pretty poor odds, of course.
I was told I'd never draw desert sheep, musk ox, mountain goat, 2 of my 3 shiras bull moose tags, oryx, 2 rifle breaks elk tags in Montana in 3 years, back to back Arizona rifle bull tags....to name a few.

Take a look at how many of those people with sheep points actually apply versus just buying points. How many will drop out? How many will die off? What's the average age of those holding points above someone with 16 points?

There is one truth in applying, your odds are zero if you don't.

Ya, when there is a statistical chance, crazy things happen.

I drew a Unit 10 early rifle bull with 15 pts. It was 40-1 odds. My son, who applied separately with just 3 pts, drew that year as well! Many hundreds to one. Combined?- off the charts odds. But, it was a BP system, so we both actually had a chance.

Ya, when there is a statistical chance, crazy things happen.

I drew a Unit 10 early rifle bull with 15 pts. It was 40-1 odds. My son, who applied separately with just 3 pts, drew that year as well! Many hundreds to one. Combined?- off the charts odds. But, it was a BP system, so we both actually had a chance.
You can't predict human nature...why people every year draw preference tags with way less than max points for all kinds of tags.

Oh and for about the 10th time, there should be a random component to any system.

It all depends on age and health and applying. I think those with 15-16 have a decent chance if they are in it for the long haul.
Totally agree. I think these numbers will wane as time goes on. Those staying the course will do well.

Hunting the west is the new cool thing to do. Everyone is all gungho but many will stop applying when they aren't drawing.

No different than during hunting season, everyone is all into it opening day, 3 days later, 75% have packed it in and back home.

Did MT run theirs for 3 decades before changing it? How long was New Mexico's in place, decades...never heard they ever had one? AZ's is sort of similar, but they went 50/50, not 100/0. I understand there is an issue, but it is impossible to solve, there are not enough sheep tags. Sure I am bias, but I and many others (mostly residents) played the game for a good portion of our hunting lives under 1 set of rules with no knowledge that it would likely change.

Don't even think about non-residents here....is it more fair to have a 15-year old resident hunting sheep in Unit 5 or have a 60-year old who has been applying for 22 years and was making plans on hunting sheep, talked to outfitters, poured over maps, scouted their unit....? That is what is going to happen, the resident who waited 22 years and who was about to draw likely will now never draw.

Did MT run theirs for 3 decades before changing it? How long was New Mexico's in place, decades...never heard they ever had one? AZ's is sort of similar, but they went 50/50, not 100/0. I understand there is an issue, but it is impossible to solve, there are not enough sheep tags. Sure I am bias, but I and many others (mostly residents) played the game for a good portion of our hunting lives under 1 set of rules with no knowledge that it would likely change.

Don't even think about non-residents here....is it more fair to have a 15-year old resident hunting sheep in Unit 5 or have a 60-year old who has been applying for 22 years and was making plans on hunting sheep, talked to outfitters, poured over maps, scouted their unit....? That is what is going to happen, the resident who waited 22 years and who was about to draw likely will now never draw.
The 60 year olds should have been paying attention and had max points and a sheep tag by now. Isn't fair to leave 15 year olds out of the draw either.

Easy solution is 50-50 tag split random/point system.

Your son will likely never draw a ram tag in bonus squared. He could easily outlive everyone if he started young in a preference system. Have you drawn a ram tag? If so, how?
No tag for me, I would have to live a little over 150-160ish to draw in anything other than the random.

The 60 year olds should have been paying attention and had max points and a sheep tag by now. Isn't fair to leave 15 year olds out of the draw either.

I agree 100% that is the most fair. If the 15 year old stays in the system until they are 60, they would have a good chance at preference side if they haven't drawn on the random side.

Okay, change the 60-year old to a 40-year old :)

There are 2,137 people in front of 16pt holders. That's 140 years at 15 permits in PP. Man, a WHOLE lot would have to happen for a 16 pt holder to make it to the top.
I posted this from Huntin Fool before, but people are dropping out above 15 on the non-res side because of the cost and length of time likely to draw at a rate of 105 per year. Sure this was before 90/10, but the drop out rate probably increases with 90/10 if the system stays preference and if you are healthy and on the younger side you definitely have a chance:

"Assuming things stay the way they are now and using a 15-point holder as an example, here are some numbers that may be helpful. If you hold 15 sheep points going into 2022, there are 2,554 non-residents with as many or more points than you. Given the fact that Wyoming has issued 39 preference non- resident sheep tags a year over the last few seasons, it would take 65 years to get to the front of the line. Fortunately, the outlook isn’t quite that bleak after accounting for another roughly 105 non-residents within that point range who are dropping out each year. This means about 5.5% of non-residents with 15 or more sheep points are either being drawn or are dropping out each year. If those numbers hold steady, you should be looking at another 18 years to be a max point holder for Wyoming sheep."

Ponzi schemes only work if there are people too lazy and ignorant to understand what they are getting themselves into (I guess I fall into this category to some degree). Sure, it sucks, I have 15 NR moose points which are nearly worthless. It is really hard to draw these coveted tags but at least it is going to get harder, more expensive, and there will be more rule changes. Even 15 years ago I realized I was unlikely ever to draw tag. Now that points cost $150 I need to decide if I want to pursue a cow tag or just walk away. I also do not feel too bad because I like to think my contribution went to helping conservation and game management. I am heading to Alaska moose hunting in September - going to cost me about $12,000 all in. Crazy expensive in my opinion but it is a hunt I want to do before I am too old.

I have about the same chance of drawing a Wyoming moose tag with my 15 points as people (NR) just entering Utah's point game do of drawing a LE elk tag. It will take these people minimum of 40 years to draw, and most do not even understand that. These people are the true fools because they know what they are getting into.

I am not that far from retirement - Wyoming here I come with my 15 moose points ? then on to Utah with my truck load of everything points.

The archery unit I wanted to draw when I started to apply in CO took less than 7 points, it now approaching 17. I have been within two to three points for over five years.

Thank goodness I can shoot three bucks a year and hunt deer four months a year here while I wait and throw my money away chasing these western tags.

In the future there will be fewer animals to hunt (climate change, development, poaching, public tags taken for auction to raise money, push to restore predator populations, political pressure to eliminate hunting on federal lands, etc.) and more people wanting to hunt them. Residents will also continue to push for more opportunity and will not care one bit about non-resident hunters. Not a complaint, an observation.

I always find the "how will my kid/grandkids draw a tag or think of the future of hunting". I think most of us weren't waiting around for sheep/moose tags at 15 or 16, and we turned out alright.

More focus should be on telling them to become dentist/doctors/lawyers so they can just buy tags or trips to Canada.

I always find the "how will my kid/grandkids draw a tag or think of the future of hunting". I think most of us weren't waiting around for sheep/moose tags at 15 or 16, and we turned out alright.

More focus should be on telling them to become dentist/doctors/lawyers so they can just buy tags or trips to Canada.
I always find the “ I am 60 and deserve the tag or think of my preference points I deserve this tag” argument as stupid.
A lot of people don’t get moose or sheep tags and they turned out all right

Wyoming should do it like California if you really want to get this party started.

Offer 1 tag for each species. When a NR draws either a Elk or Ram tag all other NRs are out.

You wanna see some drama?

To hell with bonus points. If they want to do that they should freeze preference points where they are and run through the applicants with points and start over at 0

I always find the “ I am 60 and deserve the tag or think of my preference points I deserve this tag” argument as stupid.
A lot of people don’t get moose or sheep tags and they turned out all right
I understand what you are saying and hear you, but when that 60 year old has spreadsheets every year and knows when he will draw and sticks it out, drops $1000s, waits for 25 years and makes plans to go in the next five years, then whoosh that dream of his for the past decade is gone just like that.

Sure there are way more important things in life to worry about, no doubt, the world will not end, just 1 of your bucket list items is gone and someone else who did not dream and plan and think about it and did not wait decades takes your tag, you are allowed to be sour in my mind and complain.

max possible spent on points since inception
Sheep points $2020
Moose is $1750

I get over $5,000 as damages for @nripepi. But I understand how you calculate your smaller number ($3770) as you are not including app fees and the alleged 2.5% CC fees in his damages. Those were his true costs (damages) that I would include.

But either way you slice it, it's alot of money. $3770 or >$5,000.

And WY should feel dirty about keeping it.

I get over $5,000 as damages for @nripepi. But I understand how you calculate your smaller number ($3770) as you are not including app fees and the alleged 2.5% CC fees in his damages. Those were his true costs (damages) that I would include.

But either way you slice it, it's alot of money. $3770 or >$5,000.

And WY should feel dirty about keeping it.
When does the big class action suit start??

It is a state bill. If it passes, who is going to buck up for legal fees to sue WY? I'm not thinking this will be taken on contingency fees and if so, those feed would be taken out of the award/settlement.

Also, should the low to no points people (much larger class action group) who are locked out of access to public resources for many years, perhaps for life or until old and decrepit, sue to remove preference points systems? If they win, would that be a precedent to carry over to other states?

At 16 WY m/s points, I calculate your refund due at $4443.35 (see attached).

I believe you should have the OPTION of taking that refund, or taking 16-squared in to the new scheme (reduction to 10% NR allocation and BP-squared).

I would take that $4443.35 and run. IMO, that’s WAY too money to have invested after WY baited and switched the scheme in two hugely important ways.

20230206_173153.jpg

A bill needs to pass both house and senate, then goes to the executive for signature.

SF0088 passed 3rd reading 28 to 3.

Good luck quashing BP-squared on the house side when 90.3% of the senate approves of it.

2023-01-19 - Senate - (Y: 28 N: 3) [PASS]
Laffin'...even louder.

SF0088 Failed in the WY house.

H 3rd Reading:Failed 22-40-0-0-0

What NR fool with <20-22 points spends $438 this year for WY NR moose/sheep points? How could one spend that money if ANY portion of the logic involves an already oversaturated preference point system.

The legislature has significant motivation to act. ~$4M/year will not flow to WGF if an NR is paying attention when considering moose/sheep points in 2023.

10% NR allocation broke the existing PP system even earlier than it otherwise would have matured. The legislature has some time left in this session to prop up their Ponzi.

SF0088 Failed in the WY house.

H 3rd Reading:Failed 22-40-0-0-0

What NR fool with <20-22 points spends $438 this year for WY NR moose/sheep points? How could one spend that money if ANY portion of the logic involves an already oversaturated preference point system.

The legislature has significant motivation to act. ~$4M/year will not flow to WGF if an NR is paying attention when considering moose/sheep points in 2023.

10% NR allocation broke the existing PP system even earlier than it otherwise would have matured. The legislature has some time left in this session to prop up their Ponzi.
I thought it was passing for sure?

What happened?

Last season I harvested my dream buck whitetail on public for a whopping $26 tag. These type schemes get me less interested in Western big game every time. I still have 25+ sheep points in CO, NV, AZ, and others, but won’t hesitate to drop out of those if they try to Jack species fees to $100 or $150/ea. I don’t want to sheep hunt that bad. I’ve already abandoned a few. It’s just not worth it. I have a blast on Midwest public due to decades of scouting. Sorry to those involved with this fiasco.

Last edited:
I have a solution for everyone who has been churning and posting and caring so much about allocation, pricing, ponzis, whining, and….hunting in general, and would like a break. At least a solution that has worked for me.

Just find that cute lady at work or at the checkout counter or wherever to talk to about literally anything but all this! And keep it light, especially you married dogs like me. No scandal! Still, it focuses the mind in a much more pleasant direction! Wyoming who?

Ha Ha, that is all fellas!

I have a solution for everyone who has been churning and posting and caring so much about allocation, pricing, ponzis, whining, and….hunting in general, and would like a break. At least a solution that has worked for me.

Just find that cute lady at work or at the checkout counter or wherever to talk to about literally anything but all this! And keep it light, especially you married dogs like me. No scandal! Still, it focuses the mind in a much more pleasant direction! Wyoming who?

Ha Ha, that is all fellas!
But the question is- how many bonus points did it take to bag her? :ROFLMAO:

Got your way, no Bonus points for sheep and moose.
No lawsuits and now I hope you have max points.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom