SHAME ON GW BUSH!!!

B

bobcatbess

I'M VERY UPSET WITH YOUR PRESIDENT!!!

THE MILITARY TRIES TO GET A 3.5% RAISE IN PAY AND LITTLE GEORGE WON'T GIVE IT TO THEM!!!

THIS AGGITATES ME TO NO END!!!

FUEL PRICES HAVE DOUBLED IN THE LAST 2 YEARS!!!

THEN THAT RAISES THE PRICES OF "EVERYTHINGELSE" WE USE!!!

I SAY GIVE THEM THE RAISE LITTLE GEORGE!!!

ARE YOU LISTENING LITTLE GEORGE???

WTF ARE YOU THINKING LITTLE GEORGE???

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING THEY ARE PUTTING THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE 24-7-365 THANKS TO YOUR TACTICS LITTLE GEORGE,COST OF LIVING IS WAY UP THANKS TO YOUR TACTICS,GIVE THEM THE RAISE LITTLE GEORGE,YOU'VE WASTED SO MUCH MONEY THE SAD PART IS WE PROBABLY DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO GIVE THEM THE RAISE,WTF???

Yea, what Bobcat said!

You gave the illegal aliens a raise by upping the minimun wage but you won't give our fighting men a 3.5% raise?????

Bass ackward!

Eel

I GUESS VERY FEW MM'ERS CARE ABOUT OUR MILITARY HUH???

A SAY GIVE THEM A 5% INCREASE IN PAY!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING THEY SURE DON'T DO IT FOR THE MONEY,WAKE UP AMERICA!!!

I say give them a true cost of living raise...

AND..

build the dang Nursing Home in Ogden.. The state can pay for it and then wait for the feds to send the money.
46543aa6285d48f2.jpg

When was the last time the military received a raise?

"One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Congress Sets Military Pay Raise, Punts on Civil Service

By Stephen Barr
Tuesday, October 3, 2006; Page D04

Hours before wrapping up for its campaign break, Congress nailed down a 2.2 percent pay raise for the armed forces but left resolution of the federal employee raise to a lame-duck session next month.

The pay raise was approved late last week by the House and Senate as part of the fiscal 2007 defense authorization bill, which sets out policy and personnel goals for the Defense Department. The across-the-board raise will take effect in January, and additional raises for senior enlisted personnel and warrant officers will begin in April.

The House version of the bill had called for a 2.7 percent across-the-board military raise, but House and Senate negotiators chose to go with the Senate's proposed 2.2 percent increase, which matched the adjustment approved by Congress in an appropriations bill.

Veterans and employee groups decried the pay decision as meager.

"We're extremely disappointed, to put it mildly, that Congress couldn't see its way clear to provide more than a 2.2 percent pay raise for the troops who are putting their lives on the line every day for the rest of America," said Steve Strobridge , director of government relations for the Military Officers Association of America.

"That's the smallest military raise in 13 years," he noted.

Colleen M. Kelley , president of the National Treasury Employees Union, called the 2.2 percent raise "a shameful decision during a time of war."

In his 2007 budget request, President Bush recommended a 2.2 percent raise for the military and the civil service.

The House, however, approved a 2.7 percent raise for federal employees, and a Senate bill, which did not reach the floor, also has proposed a 2.7 percent civil service raise.

Congress, in most recent years, has followed a "pay parity" approach to raises, ensuring equal average salary increases for the military and the civil service. Given that history, Congress may scale back the federal employee raise when it returns in mid-November to take up unfinished spending bills. Congress also may be reluctant to give government civilians a larger raise than the troops because of their sacrifices in Iraq and Afghanistan.

In a statement, Sen. John W. Warner (R-Va.), chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, said that the defense authorization bill had won bipartisan support and predicted that it would improve the quality of life for members of the armed forces and their families.

The legislation provides for more than 20 types of bonuses and special payments aimed at encouraging enlistment and re-enlistment, the committee said.

CONTINUED 1 2 Next >

Rest at:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...referrer=email

Bush requested the pay raise.......he only opposes the extra stuff the DEMS added on.....check it out on this news article.

BUSH requested the pay raise!!! Not the Dems.

Congressional Democrats and the Bush administration are at odds over a proposal that would increase military pay.

The U.S. House passed a bill last week that would increase military pay by 3.5 percent. Bush, meanwhile, had requested a 3 percent raise.

The Whitehouse released a policy statement saying that it strongly opposes the attempt to tag on an extra .5 percent, saying that such a raise was "unnecessary."

Pay must be kept competitive, the Whitehouse Office of Management and Budget's statement said, and the three percent raise is equal to the increase in the Employment Cost Index. The cost of increasing the military pay by an additional .5 percent is $265 million in fiscal year 2008 and $7.3 billion from fiscal year 2008 to fiscal year 2013, according to the Whitehouse.

Rep. Baron Hill, D-Seymour, voted in favor of the Fiscal Year 2008 National Defense Authorization Bill which contained the military raise. The bill passed with bi-partisan support by an overwhelming 397 to 27 roll call vote. Hill said the bill conveys his party's commitment to financially supporting the troops. For the record, more Democrats voted against it than did Republicans.

In a statement released Friday, the congressman expressed his distain for the President's position.

"I am very disappointed by the President's decision to veto a bill that not only boosts the strength and readiness of our Armed Forces and National Guard and Reserves but also provides enhanced benefits for our troops, their families, and veterans," Hill said.

He argues that the President's tax breaks for the top 1 percent of wage earners total $536 billion - 70 times the military pay increase - during fiscal year 2008.

Other congressional goings-on:

? On Tuesday, the House passed a bill which seeks to strengthen regulations on Mexico-based commercial trucks operating in the United States. The bill prohibits the Secretary of Transportation from granting authority to a Mexican trucking company to operate beyond U.S. municipalities and commercial zones on the U.S.-Mexico border. The bill passed 411 to 3. Hill voted in favor of it.

? Also on Tuesday, the House reauthorized the federal COPS program for another six years. That program provides local police department with federal grants to hire school resource officers, pay for officers hired to perform intelligence, anti-terror, or homeland security duties, and establish illegal drug prevention among other things. The bill passed 381-34, with Hill voting in favor of it.

you can find the article here.
http://www.news-tribune.net/local/local_story_139222630.html

Since when does Bush care about how much he spends on anything. Good God, he asks for a 3% and Congress passes 3.5%, sign the f'n bill little george.

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

Okay, I agree it is a trifle thing to be upset about 0.5%.

But the point of this post was that Bush would not pass the bill or give them a raise.

The EXACT opposite is true. Bush asked for the raise for the troops. The last president actually cut pay and decreased the size of our military so on paper Bush looks like the militarys wet dream.

I'M WITH nochawk!!!

I SAY!!!

CAN SOMEBODY FIGURE THE EXACT AMOUNT(PERCENTAGE!!!) OF HOW MUCH EVERYTHING HAS RAISED SINCE LITTLE GEORGE TOOK OVER AND GIVE THAT AMOUNT (AKA THE COST OF LIVING!!!) TO EVERYBODY HERE IN THE U.S. INCLUDING OUR MILITARY!!!)!!!

AND REMEMBER RUS!!!

YOU VOTED FOR HIM TOO!!!

I VOTED FOR HIM!!!

I WILL NEVER EVER VOTE FOR THE LESSER OF TWO EVILS EVER AGAIN!!!

THE ONLY bobcat HOPEING AMERICA WAKES UP SOON!!!

If I read the bill right, that 3% isn't only salary, its across the board. Thats all the ancillary bennies, besides wage, that you get whilst serving. Housing allowance, combat pay, sea pay, jump pay, Tri-Care benefits, and so on. Certainly 3.5% is better, but I think it was just the democrats way of trying to upstage Bush, and appear to be more pro-troops. As mentioned before, the Bush admin proposed it in the first place.

There were also raises of substance, involved in 05, but the mainstream media overlooked that, and the democrats don't want the light to shine there.

Thats ok that some of you get all wrapped around the axle about. Lots of military news sites do as well. Its their livelihood, and the more aggregious you make your circumstances seem, the better your chances of getting some of what you want. Think "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" tactic.

I made a whole hell of lot less money back when I was in (through the 80's)and lived quite well. Had a wife, kid and requisite dog. To hear a lot of these military people talk, they are destitute. Welfare and food stamps. Well, as anyone who has served can tell you, there are a lot of folks in there that are very irresponsible with their dollars. A lot of them are married. Very young and have extremely poor money-management skills. Of course the MSM seeks these irresponible youths out like heat-seeking missiles. They don't talk to the NCO's and officers that have fostered successful careers and make very good money. Coupled with low on-base prices, they are making a professional wage.

There is a lot more to the story, folks. Trust me. That said, I still like to see our military well-taken care of. I think its good for recruitment, and keeps the good ones in there.

Just how small do you think Bush is? You keep referring to him as "little". Do you realize that he is 6'9" with thighs the size of the pentagon?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom