Shark Attack at Shelter Cove

eelgrass

Long Time Member
A 16-18 ft. Great White Shark attacked a kayaker today. Glad the guy is okay. I never tether my caught fish over the side of the kayak just for this reason. Why invite trouble? I have the exact same kayak in that color, now known as Yum Yum Yellow. ? There was another shark attack on a yellow Hobie a couple years ago.

KAYAKER RELATES DETAILS OF TERRIFYING SHARK ATTACK IN SHELTER COVE THIS MORNING

Eelgrass, you better hustle on down to the hardware store and get a couple rattle cans of paint.

Mrs. Eel just shakes her head, but I was doing stupid things since she's known me. Actually I don't fish the ocean in a kayak much any more. I stay in the bay unless the salmon come in real close and the ocean is flat. Some things are worth the risk. :)

A 16-18 ft. Great White Shark attacked a kayaker today. Glad the guy is okay. I never tether my caught fish over the side of the kayak just for this reason. Why invite trouble? I have the exact same kayak in that color, now known as Yum Yum Yellow. ? There was another shark attack on a yellow Hobie a couple years ago.

KAYAKER RELATES DETAILS OF TERRIFYING SHARK ATTACK IN SHELTER COVE THIS MORNING
I used to Abalone dive off of the rocks there at the entrance until I saw a 16-18 foot great white right off of the rocks there one day. There were huge Abalone's in that area I suppose because no one wanted to dive there. LOL I got my limit in about 30 minutes all big ab's.
After seeing the big boy I moved over to the area by the restaurant. When in those waters you are constantly looking over your shoulder.

Hey Eel you got Overton to chime in here. Ask him if we can use his place when we are there this summer....LOL I am going on the 12th should I check his place out? I talked to RELH and he said his cousin is a good dude and wouldn't mind......

DeerHunter53, quit trying to get me in trouble with my Cuz. You were supposed to keep that conversation quite.

RELH

Ask him if we can use his place when we are there this summer....LOL
LOL! Ask him???? He'd just say no. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. You can't miss his place, it's the only one with the charred concrete foundation with a 8' chain link fence around it with guard dogs. The dogs love anyone with Alpo dog food, but don't tell Overton.

Eel that is because Cuz feeds those dogs the cheap stuff. Alpo is like rib eye steak to them.

RELH

LOL! Ask him???? He'd just say no. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. You can't miss his place, it's the only one with the charred concrete foundation with a 8' chain link fence around it with guard dogs. The dogs love anyone with Alpo dog food, but don't tell Overton.
I know that house it's just down the street from my old house. I'll stop by just to check on things. Wouldn't want Overton to have issues because no one is looking in on him....LOL

what Charred his foundation?

He is easy to spot. Just look for the typical West Virginia looking feuding hillbilly. Probably keeps a gun close by to shoot any arsonist that would dare to burn his shelter cove hideout down. Goes by the handle of "Overton" Eel is still on his "shoot on sight" list.
RELH

Be careful what you say around RELH. He's a great guy, very generous, and builds beautiful knives but blood is thicker than water. He will always be loyal to Overton and will rat us out in a heartbeat. It's a defense mechanism that goes back to the Hatfield and McCoy days.

Hey Eel. You gotta tell me about that buck (avatar). There is nothing I like better than mule deer, and that's a dandy.

bullkin, it's a buck my good friend and kayak fishing partner killed in SW Wyoming in 1978. He kept it in his house all these years and I talked him into entering it in B&C a couple years ago. I forget the score but it made the all time book. Here's another couple photos. I wish he would get it remounted.
Wyoming1978 007.JPG
Wyoming1978 002.JPG

He is easy to spot. Just look for the typical West Virginia looking feuding hillbilly. Probably keeps a gun close by to shoot any arsonist that would dare to burn his shelter cove hideout down. Goes by the handle of "Overton" Eel is still on his "shoot on sight" list.
RELH
that's him I believe I know him.... Good dude quiet and if I remember right he was always down at the water for Abalone at low tide....
Most guys in the Cove carry so that would not identify him LOL from any other Cover....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom