Shawn Bradley Paralyzed

BenHuntn

Hit by a vehicle while riding his bike. You don't realize how tall he is till you are standing next to him. 7'6" and played for the Dallas Mavericks. He is a Utah Great Athlete.

Last edited:
Sounds like the accident was in January. I sat near him at Flaming Gorge Lodge having breakfast. We were both flyfishing the Green River below Dutch John.

Dang that sucks! I did the finish carpentry on his home down in st George a few years ago! One guy that makes an 8’ door look short

Not the best picture too show his true hight.

merlin_1607094.0.jpg

I remember him as a baby faced player.....that is horrible. I don't think I'd ever be able to spend my life in a wheel chair. That really sucks for him.

I am wondering how big that bike was that he was riding? It had to be a "Giant" bike do they make wheels that large or was his seat up three feet from the bike frame.
He was a great guy didn't have a lot of antic's like today's players just stormed to the basket.

Man that’s rough, out for a ride and wind up paralyzed through no fault of his own.
I’m wondering too, how tall that bike is? I’d probably need a 2’ step ladder and training wheels to ride it.

I ran into him at the Smiths in Kearns he was playing for the 76ers then. He was there with his wife buying dog food. His wife was from that area. I did have to stop him just to acknowledge him and shake his hand. I had my one-year-old daughter in the shopping cart. And that’s all he wanted to talk about. He was a really nice guy and a family man.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom