Shed antler with bullet

antlerradar

I few years back I posted that I had an antler with a bullet lodged in the G4. Several people wanted to see a picture. I tried but my limited photography skills showed up and the picture was less than good. A few weeks back I was showing off my antler colection. One of the people sent me some pictures of my bullet antler. He is a much better photographer than me. I thank him for the pictures and hope the rest of you enjoy them.

Antlerradar

arthayes70705-1.jpg

arthayes70705-2.jpg

arthayes70705-3.jpg

oh man.. lucky bucky for sure.. Now zoom that camera out and give us a wide angle of that room!! I am seeing massive amounts of sheds on the back ground...

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

Muzzle-loader bullet? Looks like it tumbled into the antler...Maybe a bad sabot?

'It's al about the gut pile'

Absolutely amazing!
One tough antler, and one lucky buck!

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

That makes two lucky bucks!

I never imagined a rack to stay together like those! I've seen racks busted and broken because of being hit with a bullet but it's cool to see em still intact. Gives them a ton of character.

Still can't get over the first rack though, with the lead still in it! Imagine the circumstances to have it not penetrate all the way or shatter the antler! I can see how it looks like as if the bullet was tumbling.

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

I found the antler in central Idaho in 1991. The other side was less than 20 yards away. I was also lucky enough to find three more antlers from the buck. He must have gotten smarter. The bullet looks to be a .30 caliber high powered rifle bullet. The bullet was allready mushroomed and hit the antler sideways. My bet is that the poor guy put a hole in a pine tree first. Lucky me. It is truly a once in a life time find.

Antlerradar

Youngbuck; I haven't been in Idaho in over 10 years. Would like to ge back for some shed hunting but can't find the time.

Antlerradar

That is pretty unique alright. I shot a 4x4 blacktail that has the tip of his G2 shot off. It still has lead fragments showing.

To find a shed with the bullet still in it is amazing!

Steve

Cool! Ive seen several bucks shot in the antler, but never found a shed or skull like that!

Last year my dad had a dude shoot across canyon at a monster whitetail and the buck just flipped straight on its back and layed there with its feet in the air. After high fives and all they went to go get him, after busting brush to get there, GONE.

They figure he was a horn shot too! hehehe

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom