Shed hunt closed

BUT just a solid 7 days ago it was ok to chase elk. And yet, its still ok to chase mountain lions, snowmobile, hike, cross country ski, snow shoe, and all other activities. Many ruin it for the rest of us that wont go and push animals this time of year, so we wait until later?

So, will they shut down the turkey hunt until may 1?
How about the houndsmans and the early bear hunt?
How about my annual spring break camping trip to southern Utah? Will I be allowed to do that? or restrictions on how far I can leave my camper?

Glad to see it, snow is very deep and crusty, no need to push animals more than needed. Whatever animal makes it through the winter will have great resources this spring.

However, you’ll always have the idiots who are just “hiking”, ruining it for everyone who is abiding by the law.

So ******* stupid. Are the Turkey hunts shut down then? No. Lion hunts? Nope.

Feel good measure is all. But boy can you imagine how worked up the tards are? Haha

BUT just a solid 7 days ago it was ok to chase elk. And yet, its still ok to chase mountain lions, snowmobile, hike, cross country ski, snow shoe, and all other activities. Many ruin it for the rest of us that wont go and push animals this time of year, so we wait until later?

So, will they shut down the turkey hunt until may 1?
How about the houndsmans and the early bear hunt?
How about my annual spring break camping trip to southern Utah? Will I be allowed to do that? or restrictions on how far I can leave my camper?
Nobody is stopping you from doing that.
Simply just don’t pick up sheds.
And please turn in any poachers doing otherwise.
I salute Utah biologists for looking out for our big game herds.

You guys have to get on Instagram and read the comments on the Utah DWR page. It’s awesome!

No
Tell me you lick buttholes without telling me you lick buttholes
I don’t even know what you are trying to say?
And why does my comment elicit such a response from you?
First off tell me you are a Utah shed hunter and then maybe I will understand your position on the subject….

No

I don’t even know what you are trying to say?
And why does my comment elicit such a response from you?
First off tell me you are an Utah shed hunter and then maybe I will understand your position on the subject….
It’s really the only response one can say to someone so irrational like you. Let’s keep the cow elk hunts going and all the other user groups but limit shed hunters? And that’s going to save the animals?

And yes I’ve shed hunted Utah before. I like robbing tards of antlers any chance I can get.

I salute you for being able to live in Utah and be a licker.

It’s a step in the right direction you can’t argue that. Is it perfect? No. Should they shut down other hunts too? Absolutely, to be fair. People argue they should shut down hiking, snowshoeing, etc but not often are those people intentionally following deer/elk tracks looking for sheds. Again, not perfect but this “well you might as well not shut one down unless you shut them all down” attitude is just selfish in my opinion for those that are mad they can’t pick up antlers.

You do know the Cow hunts ended a week ago, right?
I love living in Utah and I love our Big Game.
I will support any measure to protect even one big game animal to help it make it through this tough winter.
You still did not answer if you are coming to Utah to shed hunt this year?
If you are than I hope you find all you want once the closure is lifted.
If you are not coming here to shed hunt this year, I can’t figure out your response to my opinion and why our biologist’s decision bothers you so much since it does not effect you in the slightest.
Help me to understand your position?

I've never understood why the UDWR hasn't annually delayed shed hunting. These animals are harassed pretty much all year long by those of us who profess to "love" them.
I'm all for decreasing a bit of "love" so that I can hopefully have some to "love" later.
If that's licking then I'm one of them.

You do know the Cow hunts ended a week ago, right?
I love living in Utah and I love our Big Game.
I will support any measure to protect even one big game animal to help it make it through this tough winter.
You still did not answer if you are coming to Utah to shed hunt this year?
If you are than I hope you find all you want once the closure is lifted.
If you are not coming here to shed hunt this year, I can’t figure out your response to my opinion and why our biologist’s decision bothers you so much since it does not effect you in the slightest.
Help me to understand your position?
How do you not know my position? I said it’s ******* stupid. How much more clear can that be?

Go salute the DWR. Right after you get out from under the desk.

Get rid of Turkey hunting. Like not a temporary ban, forever. THAT would be real progress. And something to salute to.

All I see are opportunities lost to spend wholesome times outdoors with my kids. Can't draw tags, can't use trail cameras, and now can't go shed hunting. I get this is somewhat of an overreaction; but IMO so is the banning and closures.

It surprises me that we have become more and more ok over lost freedom of opportunities.

I think everyone should take a minute and think this over!!!!
I drove 30 miles yesterday and seen on the shoulder of the road over 10 deer hit and killed, this dosent count the ones that drug there ass of into the brush.
The snow is so deep they have to come to the side of the road to find anything to eat.
Current creek road is plowed out as far as the Buckhorn ranch,Because they can't keep up with the snow load .
Red creek road is plowed out as far as the reservoir.
4 miles up the road the snow is at least 4'deep.
The last time we got this much snow you could not count all the dead deer under the cedar trees, So all im saying is why are we all getting a chapel ass over this these animals are starving to death on there feet out here in the basin.
I am not a horn hunter,But if closing the season for a month or two saves a few deer that are struggling im all for it!!!! MY OPPINION.

Many states have regular shed hunting seasons to protect the winter range animals. The guys on here over reacting are a bit ridiculous imo.
If shed hunting was the only thing going on in these winter range areas that would be different.

Have these closures made a difference for the animals in comparison to states without them? ?‍♂️

it’s a rough time to be a Utah hunter. Can’t shed hunt. Can’t marry 15 women. Lift kits for trucks are double what they were 3 years ago. Lost some NR sheep and moose tags in WY. Likely will not be able to shed hunt wyo until 3 days after the opener. Lots more people living in the ‘snatch. White sunglasses in short supply. A long year till the next expo. Just a rough time.

it’s a rough time to be a Utah hunter. Can’t shed hunt. Can’t marry 15 women. Lift kits for trucks are double what they were 3 years ago. Lost some NR sheep and moose tags in WY. Likely will not be able to shed hunt wyo until 3 days after the opener. Lots more people living in the ‘snatch. White sunglasses in short supply. A long year till the next expo. Just a rough time.
Wyoming and Alaska resident says "Hold my beer"

No running water, no high speed internet, no (or very few) teeth, plenty of STDs, lots of Meth, and VERY scared domestic sheep.

All I see are opportunities lost to spend wholesome times outdoors with my kids. Can't draw tags, can't use trail cameras, and now can't go shed hunting. I get this is somewhat of an overreaction; but IMO so is the banning and closures.

It surprises me that we have become more and more ok over lost freedom of opportunities.
Who said you can’t go shed hunting?

How do you not know my position? I said it’s ******* stupid. How much more clear can that be?

Go salute the DWR. Right after you get out from under the desk.
I believe I have answered all your questions.
Why are you avoiding answering my question?
Are you coming to Utah to shed hunt this year (which is not cancelled BTW, only delayed to help our herds ) and if not why get all pissy and raise your heart rate over something that does not effect you?
That is your position we are not understanding.

It’s really the only response one can say to someone so irrational like you. Let’s keep the cow elk hunts going and all the other user groups but limit shed hunters? And that’s going to save the animals?

And yes I’ve shed hunted Utah before. I like robbing tards of antlers any chance I can get.

I salute you for being able to live in Utah and be a licker.

Don't be bitter. I'm sure HUSH will find other content for you to watch. You can keep wearing your firebull hat

If shed hunting was the only thing going on in these winter range areas that would be different.

Have these closures made a difference for the animals in comparison to states without them? ?‍♂️

Real question. Has shed hunting become an issue on winter range? We all know the answer

Who said you can’t go shed hunting?
Sure after May 1, but the trip I had planned in March with my 10 year old won't be happening.

Like I said my statement had some overreaction in it. But the point remains, we're seeing opportunities lost right before our eyes!

I don't get why anyone would want to get rid of turkey hunting,
they are getting to be a lot around????
Their populations nationwide are dropping fast but it isn't a hunting issue. It is loss of habitat, lack of trapping because fur is worth nothing, and possibly disease in some areas. Stopping the hunts won't do diddly according to the biologists I have spoken with.

Sure after May 1, but the trip I had planned in March with my 10 year old won't be happening.

Like I said my statement had some overreaction in it. But the point remains, we're seeing opportunities lost right before our eyes!
Since you had actually planned to shed hunt in Utah I do feel sorry for you and your son that you are having to delay your trip together.
I hope you can reschedule, maybe go fishing or something until closure is lifted, and that your son finds a fantastic matched set once the season opens.

P.S. Maybe go kill a Coyote together.
The Bears, Cats, and Coyotes are going to wreak havoc on fawns this year because the snow levels are going to keep our does somewhat confined later than usual also.

I
This will only keep the honest honest, and come May 1st. the honest will be following someone else’s boot tracks and very few sheds…
I wish the State would put a bounty type system in place to encourage turning in a poacher, similar to the LE reward program.
Say….If you turn in a bone poacher and it had more than ‘x’ value of sheds it poached and the citation stuck, you were rewarded an GS point or something.

This will only keep the honest honest, and come May 1st. the honest will be following someone else’s boot tracks and very few sheds…
True in everything.

Swan hunt gets shut down yearly for the entitled.

Bag limits get blown.

The state should just make it April 1 yearly, then it's a known thing.

The fewer of us bumping critters, the better.

Anyone know of anyone that got caught back in in 2017? How much was the fine? Or what's the penalty? Is it really enough to deture people from hitting the hills?

All of these Utah instagram flat brimmer, narcissistic, hunt heroes think they are God and won't quit exploiting our wildlife here in Utah. You have guys like Martin Chagnovich, Ryan Carter of DC outfitters, and Scouttohunt on instagram promoting shed hunting by offering $50,000 in cash or bitcoin if they find that magic painted elk or deer shed. The practice of having a treasure antler shed hunt should be banned when it involves a cash prize. Keep hammering away and pressuring our deer/ elk herds. I encourage you to call the Utah DWR director Jim Shirley, ask for Mr. Shirley (801) 538-4700 and have these type of scouttohunt shed hunts banned.

I believe I have answered all your questions.
Why are you avoiding answering my question?
Are you coming to Utah to shed hunt this year (which is not cancelled BTW, only delayed to help our herds ) and if not why get all pissy and raise your heart rate over something that does not effect you?
That is your position we are not understanding.
Omg the cow hunts ended last week! And since last week the winter has really taken a toll on the deer causing the closure! Wow what a crazy week!!

Who is “we”? You have a mouse in your pocket? That poor mouse, if only he could talk about the things he’s seen living in your pocket. ?

I don't get why anyone would want to get rid of turkey hunting,
they are getting to be a lot around????
Turkey hunting is lame as ****. And if it’s really about protecting the deer why are the other methods of hunting not limited? Lots of Turkey hunters find sheds while out harassing turkeys. Lion hunters run dogs through the winter range. Coyote hunters are out harassing dogs and deer calling. If you’ve never pushed deer coyote calling you’re a liar. What Mrbuttlicker doesn’t understand is all the above.

Don't be bitter. I'm sure HUSH will find other content for you to watch. You can keep wearing your firebull hat
It’s been awhile since you’ve posted about your obsession with Hush and crew. Cool story bro. You guys sure get weird about those guys…

Antlers should be part of the Lacey Act.

Oh, I know, everyone suddenly likes collecting horns. Pay no attention to all the antler buyers running around, just a coincidence ?

Dudes crying they can't feed the Chinaman horns for his potions.

Antlers should be part of the Lacey Act.

Oh, I know, everyone suddenly likes collecting horns. Pay no attention to all the antler buyers running around, just a coincidence ?

Dudes crying they can't feed the Chinaman horns for his potions.
Antlers are part of the Lacey Act.

Turkey hunting is lame as ****. And if it’s really about protecting the deer why are the other methods of hunting not limited? Lots of Turkey hunters find sheds while out harassing turkeys. Lion hunters run dogs through the winter range. Coyote hunters are out harassing dogs and deer calling. If you’ve never pushed deer coyote calling you’re a liar. What Mrbuttlicker doesn’t understand is all the above.
You crack me up man.
Why do you keep deflecting my question?
Should I just quit asking or are you going to answer if you are coming to Utah to shed hunt or not?
If not, why are you sooooo bothered ( BTW, you sure seem obsessed with buttlicking, should we be concerned?) over something that is happening in a state you hate?
And, ‘we’ is not a mouse in my pocket but is the group ‘liking’ the question I posed to you that you keep deflecting on.
Are we going to get your answer or not then we can quit wondering?

You crack me up man.
Why do you keep deflecting my question?
Should I just quit asking or are you going to answer if you are coming to Utah to shed hunt or not?
If not, why are you sooooo bothered ( BTW, you sure seem obsessed with buttlicking, should we be concerned?) over something that is happening in a state you hate?
And, ‘we’ is not a mouse in my pocket but is the group ‘liking’ the question I posed to you that you keep deflecting on.
Look a utard upset that a NR is commenting on regulations going on in their state! ???? imagine that! Meanwhile in the Wyoming forum…..

And to answer your question I’m not sure yet if I will be shed hunting Utah. I normally put in for antelope island hunt and when I come down to hunt WY we sometimes hunt Utah. And guess what I don’t know if I’m coming down yet or not. So does that change that you’re irrational and salivating at biologists? No it does not.

I won’t ask you to answer my questions. Because I don’t care.

Here are all your posts quoting me and zero people liked them. So yeah about that “we”. I think all that licking has caused some damage:

F397982A-150C-4B1A-80A5-CED7474757A1.jpeg
E87EE107-B9F2-4848-8780-EFA6AECB38FF.jpeg
C4938F0B-FF91-44F5-B0BD-692A86C02D23.jpeg

I just gave you some courtesy likes?. Wait does that mean I want to know if I’m coming down to Utah to shed hunt? ??

Here are all your posts quoting me and zero people liked them. So yeah about that “we”. I think all that licking has caused some damage:

View attachment 102514View attachment 102515View attachment 102516

I just gave you some courtesy likes?. Wait does that mean I want to know if I’m coming down to Utah to shed hunt? ??
If you do come down I hope you get to enjoy our State and I hope you find some great sheds.
And you are right about The Expo, it is a mess.
My family roots are from Greybull so I hope the beautiful State of Wyoming never gets infected by such a show.
I hope you have a good day, I’m going to head out and enjoy being on the Great Salt Lake this afternoon.

It really is concerning the amount of folks who don't give a rip about anything other than themselves.

I rode up to ice fish east canyon last week, the deer would stand in the road and just look at you. They are getting pretty worn out, and the snow if deep enough it's kicking the fawns azzes.

Maybe I was raised right, but I looked at those few bucks I saw, and my hope was they make it through the next month or so until snow recedes a bit. It never crossed my mind that I could sell those antlers so I better start looking.

If you're bitching about the closure, YOU ARE THE REASON FOR IT. Folks with a brain, realize running these deer now, will kill them. If folks had a brain, they'd just NOT do it. You shouldn't have to have the DWR take steps, you should do shut because it's the right thing to do.

I read these posts, then read the ones from the flatbrimmers you all tear up on IG, and there is no difference.

Sportsman
Ethical
Conservationist

Words that unfortunately mean very little to today's hunter.

It really is concerning the amount of folks who don't give a rip about anything other than themselves.

I rode up to ice fish east canyon last week, the deer would stand in the road and just look at you. They are getting pretty worn out, and the snow if deep enough it's kicking the fawns azzes.

Maybe I was raised right, but I looked at those few bucks I saw, and my hope was they make it through the next month or so until snow recedes a bit. It never crossed my mind that I could sell those antlers so I better start looking.

If you're bitching about the closure, YOU ARE THE REASON FOR IT. Folks with a brain, realize running these deer now, will kill them. If folks had a brain, they'd just NOT do it. You shouldn't have to have the DWR take steps, you should do shut because it's the right thing to do.

I read these posts, then read the ones from the flatbrimmers you all tear up on IG, and there is no difference.

Sportsman
Ethical
Conservationist

Words that unfortunately mean very little to today's hunter.
You’re part of the problem. Ice fishing is more important than the deer huh? Oh let me guess your presence didn’t affect them? ?

Correct. Some will view the closure as more of a “guideline”, than actual rule. You know what they say about rules….

About all the deer on the road at East Canyon. Here is the thing, as much as I love shed hunting.....And seeing the deer like that lined up on the road, anyone who got out of a vehicle and caused those deer to move or run, should be ticketed immediately. Anyone caught doing that should be fined immediately. But, why ruin it for everyone? Why can I not go shed hunt southern Utah where I go sometimes that has little to no snow right now?

I love to shed hunt. I wont go until Mid March or end of March. That is when I start to go. But, there have been times I have called the DWR on people chasing deer (about 10-12 years go) in belly deep snow. I had pics, video and the hunter, his wife and daughter. They confronted me why I was filming them when they got back to the vehicle and didnt think they were doing anything wrong. They gave me their names too. And they were correct too. When I called the DWR office, they couldnt come since they were removing a moose in springville. I guess it took every last office in Utah county to move the moose. But they said they would take care of it with pics/ video and soforth. So I took it in too the office in Springville the next day. They said they would take care of it. But they didnt want any of my proof. LOL, OH OK, gotch ya! I see. They did not care.

I'm from Utah and that's some funny shiz right there! However it won't be long until Wyoming starts getting hammered with people moving there!

Hey SS,

You're in particularly "good" form lately.

You must need a hunting season or a cuddle from the wife or something.

Zeke
Just a lot of stupid **** getting posted. Only an ignorant fool would think his outdoor activity will not affect the deer. He literally saw deer while he was out there??

You’re part of the problem. Ice fishing is more important than the deer huh? Oh let me guess your presence didn’t affect them? ?
So if driving down a paved road to go ice fishing is part of the problem.
Well hell then everyone that went to the expo is also the problem I guess.
Good thing I didn't go ice fishing or the expo. I would hate to get accused of that.

I'm happy they closed it. Now only if people would respect the animals and not go in to what critical winter range they have left. See if there wasn't so much development going on there would be ample winter range and the shed hunting wouldn't have to be closed. But there are all those flatbrimed Ridgeline driving heroes that only think o poor me I need to shed hunt who cares about the wildlife.then throw a fit because of tag cuts because of low wildlife numbers. We have to give some to get some.

Does making a deer trot 100 yards away really make the difference if they live or not? Where I live I notice the does will spook and walk/trot away but the bucks don't give a rat's ass and will hold tight and only move unless they have to. Even then they don't seem stressed. I'm not talking about running them down and/or continually following them. I'm just talking about bumping them. In my winter range around Reno they just move about 100 yards and start feeding again.

There’s never been a documented case of a deer or elk dying due to shed hunting. It’s a myth like the story you hear of guys on snowmachines chasing them down with bats. Or grizzly bears coming into gun shots. Or someone using the 3 S’s on a wolf. It’s all BS..

Today I watched a helicopter chase a herd of elk over a mile to collar them. Called the DWR and yep, it was them. I’m sure being chased by helicopter over rough terrain isn’t tough on wintering animals.

Attachments

• IMG_7449.MOV
    56.4 MB
It’s a step in the right direction you can’t argue that. Is it perfect? No. Should they shut down other hunts too? Absolutely, to be fair. People argue they should shut down hiking, snowshoeing, etc but not often are those people intentionally following deer/elk tracks looking for sheds. Again, not perfect but this “well you might as well not shut one down unless you shut them all down” attitude is just selfish in my opinion for those that are mad they can’t pick up antlers.
How bout not having hunts from August-January. Dwr is as guilty as anyone of wildlife harassment. I do believe that it is a step in the right direction. Shed hunting is worse than the hunt anymore as far people go. Everyone’s got the bucks named and think they own them. It’s a f…… joke

According to the big game coordinator himself utah has more deer with collars than any other state. Probably more than all western states combined and they chase them down with helicopters, shoot nets at them, collar them and set them free....and yet they're still alive? And you mean to tell me a shed hunter bumps a deer or elk 100 yds and they're going die? Where's the slaughter happening? Give me a break. Political power grab. Yet another lockdown. DWR just likes to point fingers at people and things instead of saying we messed up and the herds suck because of us.

According to the big game coordinator himself utah has more deer with collars than any other state. Probably more than all western states combined and they chase them down with helicopters, shoot nets at them, collar them and set them free....and yet they're still alive? And you mean to tell me a shed hunter bumps a deer or elk 100 yds and they're going die? Where's the slaughter happening? Give me a break. Political power grab. Yet another lockdown. DWR just likes to point fingers at people and things instead of saying we messed up and the herds suck because of us.
So you’d say someone being able to pick up an antler to show off to their friends and social media is more important than collaring a deer for research? I agree it’s definitely not healthy for a deer to be netted out of a helicopter but at least it’s for a better purpose than bragging about a deer shed!

First, believe it or not, not every shed hunter/hunter is social media hungry and likes to brag about stuff they find or kill. Second, I didn't compare which is more important. I implied that deer undergo far more stress from dwr studies than your normal shed hunter and the But just step back and think for a minute. If you go out and find a piece of bone you're a criminal....if you go out as a granola muncher you can hike anywhere you want and not be harassed. But as soon as you have camo on with the intent to find sheds you're a criminal....don't get me wrong there's some out there that push big game around but its a small minority.

First, believe it or not, not every shed hunter/hunter is social media hungry and likes to brag about stuff they find or kill. Second, I didn't compare which is more important. I implied that deer undergo far more stress from dwr studies than your normal shed hunter and the But just step back and think for a minute. If you go out and find a piece of bone you're a criminal....if you go out as a granola muncher you can hike anywhere you want and not be harassed. But as soon as you have camo on with the intent to find sheds you're a criminal....don't get me wrong there's some out there that push big game around but its a small minority.
Than 1 shed hunter, probably.

From dozens? Nope.

Yup. If the DWR could control the granola munchers, I'm sure they would. And the skiers, snowboarders, snowmobilers, etc.

They don't have that authority. They could maybe shut down DWR property.

Not anything else.

What benefit does the deer get from YOU being there? How does shed hunting help the herd?

Than 1 shed hunter, probably.

From dozens? Nope.

Yup. If the DWR could control the granola munchers, I'm sure they would. And the skiers, snowboarders, snowmobilers, etc.

They don't have that authority. They could maybe shut down DWR property.

Not anything else.

What benefit does the deer get from YOU being there? How does shed hunting help the herd?
Do you really thinking dozens of shed hunters are out pushing deer at once in one area?

Exactly my point. Control, control, control. Power grab.
What studies have they done on shed hunters killing deer?

Utah makes more money for "conservation" than again...all the western states combined...millions and millions of dollars...and yet our herds are declining....

Dwr claims shed hunters are a major disturbance....surrreeeee

What benefits do the deer have when you shoot them during hunting season? How do you help the herd when you kill them?

They don't benefit from me but I sure like to benefit from them. And now I'm a criminal for picking up an antler.

Do you really thinking dozens of shed hunters are out pushing deer at once in one area?

Exactly my point. Control, control, control. Power grab.
What studies have they done on shed hunters killing deer?

Utah makes more money for "conservation" than again...all the western states combined...millions and millions of dollars...and yet our herds are declining....

Dwr claims shed hunters are a major disturbance....surrreeeee

What benefits do the deer have when you shoot them during hunting season? How do you help the herd when you kill them?

They don't benefit from me but I sure like to benefit from them. And now I'm a criminal for picking up an antler.
I don’t think you need a study to show that deer are most sensitive during the late winter when fat reserves are low. The sad thing is you may be an ethical shed hunter, but there are tons and tons of people out there that just flat out aren’t. A herd of deer is pushed once by a helicopter for collaring, but are pushed multiple times a week by shed hunters. Even yesterday I still see people pushing deer around, driving down snowy/muddy roads just to get within 2-300 yards to look at them. The rules are made for the people with common sense, which unfortunately I think is less common to have now days.

The honest sad truth is I now can't take my boys out shed hunting or check trail cams. Whats next?...Utah always kinda boasts about "opportunity" but it's slowly becoming less and less every year. Kids very seldom draw tags (once every few years).....they will probably never draw a limited tag unless very lucky. Most places especially down south are hotter than hell come may. It just always amazes me how many people piss away freedoms "for the greater good". The track record of these wildlife agencies have been a joke. Colorado shut their state down to shed hunting now they are gonna feed the animals to wolves....wyoming has been doing it for as long as i can remeber. Come 5 years are we gonna see any difference in wildlife because of the trail cam ban....NOPE! Same thing goes with all these shed antler closures. Muledeer are gonna continue to decline like they have the last 20 years....there's bigger problems to worry about than picking up an antler. Taking away things that people enjoy doing is not the answer....

Why can't you take your kids out checking trail cams?

Do you need a profit margin to go outside and
Profit margin? I very seldom sell antlers....I keep all my muley sheds and hardly look for elk. Don't get mad that you physically can't hike 15 plus miles a day and are a keyboard warrior. You've always been kind of a smarta** on this forum.

There is absolutely zero evidence shed hunting has a negative impact on deer and elk herds. And if there really were so much harassment you would see more footage of it etc with everyone carrying phones these days.

Profit margin? I very seldom sell antlers....I keep all my muley sheds and hardly look for elk. Don't get mad that you physically can't hike 15 plus miles a day and are a keyboard warrior. You've always been kind of a smarta** on this forum.
Don’t mind hossy. He sits at home 30 miles from the winter range ?. You’re not going to find someone on this site who comments more on what they don’t know than him.

Even if antlers were worth nothing you’re not going to see a noticeable drop in people doing it.

Last time they did this i headed out the day it opened and at 9 am a guy came down the trail with about 20 sheds on this wheeler. Unfortunately, they will still hunt horns and then stash them until it opens and gather them up on May 1. Dishonest people will view this as an opportunity to get the jump on everyone else and they will.

I'm also old enough to know, they antler merchants, are a newer phenomenon.

And, there's no trail cam ban going right now, go check your cams, nothing stopping you.

Btw, this keyboard warrior, just finished his hunting season today. Goose season ends here Wed. I started hunting in Aug. and haven't missed a week since then, including goose hunting Xmas morning. And, I hunt with my kids.

Perhaps instead of complaining, branch out.

I noticed you "seldom" sell.

Not the same as never sell

Don’t mind hossy. He sits at home 30 miles from the winter range ?. You’re not going to find someone on this site who comments more on what they don’t know than him.

Even if antlers were worth nothing you’re not going to see a noticeable drop in people doing it.

I'll take that bet

You Ain't 30 Miles From Summer Range!:D

I live in the swamp.

Since I've lived here my entire life, I can say, without hesitation there are a ton more deer in town, than there were 10,20,30,40 years ago.

They ain't stupid. They don't migrate, they like the feed and not having bullets launched at them

Yup!

Even Deer Wisen Up To Almost Year around Hunting!

I Can't Figure Out Why You'd Travel To The NS Every Year When You Could Shoot Yard Pets?:D

I live in the swamp.

Since I've lived here my entire life, I can say, without hesitation there are a ton more deer in town, than there were 10,20,30,40 years ago.

They ain't stupid. They don't migrate, they like the feed and not having bullets launched at them

SS, if they were worth nothing and social media wasn’t around it would be like the old days if ya found one cool if not cool some guys are doing YouTube on how to sneak up on a drop

Yup!

Even Deer Wisen Up To Almost Year around Hunting!

I Can't Figure Out Why You'd Travel To The NS Every Year When You Could Shoot Yard Pets?:D

No elk in town.

Prior to this year, we set up camsall year, check them all year, chase sheds from Feb on, Aug we start hunting them, do that into Nov.

The reality is the deer can use a break.

The Chinese will be fine waiting. Dogs don't care whether the chew sat for a month or is freshly dropped.

SS can watch firebull reruns. And hopefully we don't get a bad cold snap, or big snow storm and some deer escape.

You and I were alive in the 80's when deer hunting got destroyed in a couple winters. Then as it started to rebound, crushed again in the 90's. And that's when there were deer. We get a big winter kill now, and deer hunting is over. Waiting a month to make the big money ain't going to kill anyone, and might keep a pregnant doe alive.

SS, if they were worth nothing and social media wasn’t around it would be like the old days if ya found one cool if not cool some guys are doing YouTube on how to sneak up on a drop

The older guys either threw horns away, or nailed them to a fence or barn.
Very few shed hunted. Even fewer sold horns.

It's not a coincidence that brokers and the internet exploded together.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom