Sheds O' Plenty

D

DeerKing

Here are a few sheds from Monday
fc4ff65a.jpg

fc4ff658.jpg

fc4ff65b.jpg

This one is about as fresh as they come, blood still dripping on it.
fc4ff656.jpg

Here are a few from this morning (Saturday).
fc4ff58d.jpg

fc4ff58c.jpg

fc4ff589.jpg

fc4ff588.jpg

Then it started to snow....
fc4ff587.jpg

fc4ff586.jpg

Total find from today.....
fc4ff582.jpg

That's awesome Jeff! I sure would like to go on an elk shed hunt someday soon.Nice as-they-lay shots.

How much hiking do you usually do to find an elk shed? It just seems that a guy would have to have an area to himself to find elk sheds without someone finding them first.Thanks for sharing the pics.

Again, great pics. Wish I could find a load of tine like that. It looks like you've had a far more successful weekend than I have. All I've found is a couple dinky muley sheds.

That dog looks like he's in pretty good shape too. Was he wearing a colar when you found him?

BS
The place I hunt is fairly remote, you have to climb a very steep, rocky ridge then drop way down into tamer country, nobody goes there, no competition. Once there the walking is relatively easy. After you drop into the valley I've found them as close as 1/4 mile all the way back to 3-4 miles. Saturday I hadn't found a single shed till after I had walked more than 4 miles, then I hit the motherlode. I know where I'm going tomorrow....

DK,

Sounds like you got a good honeyhole.I have a few places like that(mule deer sheds),it seems like most people are just to lazy to look at a map and do a little hiking.I need to go on an elk shed hunting trip someday,no elk around where I live.

Nice finds DK! That one with the new blood on it cool. Is that normal for them to bleed like that?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom