Sheep 283-284

juice

I got really lucky and drew a bighorn tag in units 283-284. From what I gather it has great potential but isn't one of the easier Nevada sheep hunts. I went out last month and looped the unit. It is intimidating! Didn't see any sheep, it was 113deg in Vegas! Going back again next month to look during the rut and then start hitting it hard in Oct/Nov. I plan on hunting as long as it takes to find the right ram. Anyone have insights on this hunt?

"CONGRATS" on drawing a very good Desert Sheep tag. Ram bands will be many,many miles from access. New tires a must as roads will "Slice n Dice" vehicle tires. A "Great Ram" is possible with MAX EFFORT &/or HELP. Good Luck ... Bruce & SilverGrand

There are roads in that area but, its kind of a roadless area.
Do you live in Vegas?
If so its kind of nice to be that close to the Hunt area so you can scout all summer.
Get a map and find the water.
Shoot me a PM if you would like.

Well we are getting closer! I've made 3 scouting trips covering 9 days. Saw sheep on 2 of the 9 days. Definitely going to be a grind. I've got time so hoping they start showing themselves a bit more.

By the opener on 20th, rut will be over. Best rams will be BANDED UP, and away from Ewes... demanding hunt, BEST results likely mid Dec.Good Luck,
Bruce & SilverGrand

Biggest ram in Nevada was killed in these units last year. 183 gross. Another 170" ram was also killed. I am still holding out and enjoying it. Fairly confident I can kill one of these other rams the last few days. Laughing on the glassing comments. Sheep Range is rouhgest unit in all Nevada. Mountain is 8 miles across valley floor in some places. In my mind this equates to giant potential. Just need some luck. All my hiking has been so I can sit and glass for hours on end with the best optics on the market. I'm seeing more sheep than all the other tag holders out there. Trying to enjoy it. Over 30 days in the unit in total now. Leaving today for another 4 hunting days. Merry Christmas!

All good things must come to an end I guess. Watched this ram for 3hrs and decided it was time to pull trigger. What an epic adventure it has been. Already a little sad I’m not headed down for the last week of hunt but super happy with how it ended! Sheep fever is real!
092DB9CA-1CFF-48F3-BCEE-10415AC61530.jpeg

Great Christmas present to yourself!! Any more pictures of the ram and country you want to share.

All good things must come to an end I guess. Watched this ram for 3hrs and decided it was time to pull trigger. What an epic adventure it has been. Already a little sad I’m not headed down for the last week of hunt but super happy with how it ended! Sheep fever is real!
Indeed you are inflicted with the fever.
It appears you "juiced" every ounce of hunt you could from that tag, which is how every sheep hunt should be.
Outstanding!

All good things must come to an end I guess. Watched this ram for 3hrs and decided it was time to pull trigger. What an epic adventure it has been. Already a little sad I’m not headed down for the last week of hunt but super happy with how it ended! Sheep fever is real! View attachment 97912
Congrats on a great ram.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom