Sheep area S-23

H

Huck58

Can anyone give me some info on this sheep area? My son drew, I have made numerous calls to the CDW and nothing, emails also get errror messages. What maps might we buy? Access?

Huck,

Congrats to your son ! Sounds like you guys are going sheep hunting this year. You'll need the Bailey BLM map. Access looks good, I've never hunted those units ( S23 and S27 ) but most of that country looks like it's Forest Service ground.

The Colorado DOW website has been down since yesterday. When it comes back up you can go to their stats section and look for harvest and success data for the past several years. The sheep harvest link is important because it will give the location of previous kill sites. That data will help get you guys pointed in the right direction for scouting those units this summer.

COBUK, thank you for the info, I screwed up, it is S-32, not S-23! My dislexia!!!!! But the website info helps, We could not access anything, no phone calls or nothing. I was perplexed to say the least,. I suppose with the demand it gets jammed up, Wyomings used to get that way.

'morning Huck,

I have bow hunted S-32 Rams and I bow bull in #39 which overlaps S-32..

If there is anything I can help ya with or give ya a heads-up on...feel free to touchbase with me.

Your son will have a ball.....!

Robb

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom